We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem and Tel Aviv questions...

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
144 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jerusalem and Tel Aviv questions...

Hi Forum Experts,

A friend and I will be in Israel in February for the first time. I have some questions that are mostly about getting from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv.

1. We are staying at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem and want to go to Tel Aviv on a Tuesday just for a day. We do not want to take the big buses. What are our other options for going both ways? How do we catch a sherut? From our hotel, how do we find the sheruts to and from Tel Aviv?

2. We want to visit the Tuesday artist's market in Tel Aviv. How do we easily find this market?

3. Can taxis drive close to the Church of the Holy Selpuchre? I want to go very early in the morning (like 5am). How can this be done from my hotel?

4. Also from my hotel, I want to visit the Garden of Gethsemane and Mount of Olives. How do you advise getting there from my hotel?

Thank you so much for your help!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Jerusalem and Tel Aviv questions...

<<What does the Arab bus station have to do with my response. >>

Not much, but anyone else reading this who might be staying in or near the Old City, a first-timer in Jerusalem, might be misled, particularly if they have gone past there and seen all the buses and tumult! What's obvious to old-timers, frequent visitors and other experienced people isn't obvious to newbies.

USA
Level Contributor
144 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Jerusalem and Tel Aviv questions...

Thank you everyone for your help... It is exactly what I need, and now I have a clear idea of how to travel from A to B to C...

You have all been really helpful, and I appreciate it :)

23. Re: Jerusalem and Tel Aviv questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 29, 2014