We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Hello all -

I am taking my 17 year old to Israel for almost three weeks in Dec/Jan.

it is her first visit to Israel.... I have been there many times....

I am looking for a TOP TEN LIST for teenagers for Jerusalem of "must dos"....

Now - I need to be honest in saying that although she is born Jewish she doesn't identify with her faith (thus far) ...... and I am traditionally religious..... I want this trip to be empowering..... she is THRILLED to be going .....

Obviously - Kotel for Shabbat, Yad Vashem (she has been to DC Holocaust Museum), Tunnel Tours..... we are going to hit up Ben Yudah (after Shabbat) ..... Machne Yudah before Shabbat.....but I also want to think of some of the FUN....

She loves, LOVES history and archeology.....

Segway - ????

What COOL archelogical stuff can she "participate" in ....

What else?

Please!

Eva

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Wow, what fun! She will love it here, I'm sure.

Dig for a day and the City of David sifting program are a must. Take her to the Generation Chain exhibit right next to the Kotel tunnels.

There are two (I think) Segway companies but I think she may need to be 18 for that.

I hope you are also planning to take her to places outside Jerusalem, as 3 weeks is plenty of time to see thd whole country.

One of the people who post here, anmejoshme, has a list of things to do with kids and teens, and she will send it to you if you send her a message.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Yes, we will be visiting the entire country ---- my husband is working overseas in Haifa and is there for six months which is the reason for our visit.... but our first stop for Shabbat etc is in Jerusalem... and I really want it to make an impression! Thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,699 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

City of David runs Seqway tours.

cityofdavid.org.il/en/…segway-tour-jerusalem

It says adults over 18 AND "children" ( I added the quotes) 16-18 when accompanied by an adult. SO, you are good to go.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Dig for a Day, Emek Tzurim Sifting Project, City of David with the walk up the Roman Road to Robinson's Arch, Kotel Tunnels, Wohl Museum and Burnt House, tour of the Hurva Synagogue (yes, even teens find this interesting and you get right up on the dome), ramparts walk, city of David Sound and Light Show and more. For a kid who is interested in archeology, she will be in heaven!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,137 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Take her to Herodian and the Israel Museum to see Herod's exhibit (if you are coming while it's still on). There is a great program at Aish HaTorah on Thursday evenings, a show of sorts which is enlightening and open to the public. Check their website for hours and fees.

Chana

Israel

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

How wonderful! :)

I would suggest the Tower of David Museum - Night visual light show which tells the history of Jerusalem. Its' very powerful and worth the visit.

towerofdavid.org.il/english/night_spectacular

You can also google it and see You Tube examples I believe.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

I would add :

1. Jerusalem Old City Roof Top Walk (run by several organizations) as described in israelinsideout.com/Things-to-do-in-Jerusale…

2. Kotel Tunnels is a must. Please make reservations at english.thekotel.org/VisitorInfo.asp?id=1

3. Also: City of David & Hezekiah's Tunnel and Old City Ramparts Tour

Enjoy!

9. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, October 22, 2013
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,482 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerusalem with my 17 Year Old Daughter

Ronen, advertising and self-promotion are not permitted on TripAdvisor. Your post will be deleted.