We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour companies

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
tour companies

anyone have any recent experience with Noah Tours or ITC? i am thinking of doing day tours out of tel aviv first week of Dec. i think a private may be out of my reach. was considering haifa, akko & ceasarea one day and nazareth, tiberias & carperaum another day. is this sensible? we are not planning to rent a car and we are not planning to over nite except in jerusalem for 3 notes. any suggestions or recommendations appreciated. figuring out in the next day or so who & what to book. thank you

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour companies

Both are good. Check itineries and prices to make a final decision.

Chana

Israel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour companies

We are planning an Israel trip in May and will base ourselves in Jerusalem for 8 nights. We would like to take group day trips as well as some days on are own. At the end, we would like to take a 2 night/3day trip to the north (Haifa/Acco Cesarea etc). Any suggestions for an itinerary and a good tour company.

Forest, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: tour companies

I just returned from a tour of Israel - beyond amazing! Avi with Avitours was our guide, and he took us to all of the places you mentioned. Avi is from Jerusalem and was extremely knowledgeable about all of the places we went. I would also advise going to Masada and the Dead Sea if possible - incredible views and amazing food - and we learned so much. En Gedi was also a highlight of our trip.

I highly recommend Avitours as i cannot imagine having a better guided tour. I can hardly wait to get back to Israel - it was truly the trip of a lifetime.

Their website is http://IsraelToursForYou.com

Hope this helps!

4. Re: tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, November 12, 2013
5. Re: tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 12, 2013
Hertford, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour companies

We are looking to visit Israel on the 4th of November 2014 and we planned to stay for a week

Is this a good time, to visit Jerusalem and Israel ??.

We will be looking for a tour group, as this will be our first time in Israel and Jerusalem

And we like learn much more from the tour guide.

Is there travel agency in the uk that offers holiday packages to Israel ?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour companies

The first week of November is an excellent time to visit Israel. The weather should be very good at that time of year.

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
561 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tour companies

We booked through Shalom Tours, you may be surprised but a lot of these agencies use an actual guide company after you book with a tour company. We purchased through Shalom Tours and were guided by an incredible guy through Rent A Guide. Check them out too as they may book directly. Awesome experience and went to all the places you mention. Have fun!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tour companies

Hi Lepacorn,

We just returned from our first trip to Israel, and I cannot agree with you more. A guided tour will help you understand the cultural and the historical context of what you are seeing!

We were interested in the religious and historical sites and perspectives and due to other suggestions on Israeli guide message forums (you may want to haunt older posts to view other visitors suggestions) worked with Travel Israel Information - http://en.travel-israel.info.

Our guide Moti Bar was a wealth of information! He knew not only our religious tradition, but many others, which allowed him to share with us the interwoven, complexity of Jerusalem - then and now. He also guided us up into the north to view other sites we had requested to see.

Determine what you wish to learn, and find a guide that can meet your needs.

No matter whom you choose, I would suggest reaching out and scheduling early, as many of the better known guides get booked early.

Good luck!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tour companies

Are you looking for a holiday package with a fully guided tour (which would include a tour guide) or do you want to hire your own private guide who focuses on things that interest you?