We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Sukkot day what can I do in Jerusalem

Shanghai
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
On Sukkot day what can I do in Jerusalem

On Sukkot day (Sep 25th), are all the sites in Jerusalem closed? What can I do on that day? Anything special I can see?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On Sukkot day what can I do in Jerusalem

Sukkot is on the 26th, not the 25th (only one day is celebrated in Israel). Therefore the 25th will be like a Friday - everything will be open but will close earlier than on a regular weekday. Check web sites for Friday hours.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,920 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On Sukkot day what can I do in Jerusalem

Not nit-picking - just expanding - mbgg's answer is right - the holiday you are asking about is celebrated on the 26th of Sept this year - however, Sukkot is a week long holiday that begins on Sept 19. The 25th is one of the intermediate days, however, it will be like a Friday in terms of transportation stopping late in the day and opening hours of various sites. The 26th is a holy day and there won't be public transportation, but it is a different holiday called Simchat Torah.

3. Re: On Sukkot day what can I do in Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 16, 2014