We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

Hi! Me and my family would love to travel to Jerusalem before the school half term in April 2014. Can you please suggest a travel agent that will include the whole package like flights to and from Manchester Airport, tourist guide that will take you to hotel and some tourist destination. I have 2 kids with me so I don't want hassle and buzzle worrying about where to go or how to get to one destination. Please help. Thank you very much for your time.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,744 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

Any guide can do this -- and if you search the forums, you will find many recommended. But to have a guide with you the whole trip will be VERY expensive, as much as $650-800 USD if the guide drives his or her own vehicle.

Douglas Duckett

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

For a travel agent that books airline tickets, hotels and a guide, I think that this is not a good idea. A local agent is unlikely to have any idea about guides and will likely use an agency that will also charge you and not offer as personal a service as you may like.

Use a local travel agent to book your flights. Then contact a private guide in Israel who can do the rest of the work for you and take care of you while you are there. You may not even need that person everyday but you would book for the days you need on the itinerary prepared for you (according to your interests and the ages of your children). As Douglas mentions, a private guide is not inexpensive, but if it is in your budget, this would be a great fit for you.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

Tour guides do not book flight tickets. What you can do is book your flight and then look for a guide to help you tailoring up your itinerary and the accommodation accordingly. You can then book the hotel directly and save money hear too.

Now DIY means more work for you but as said here it can save you a lot.

If you insist on a travel agent then I recommend using an Israeli one. There are some recommended here and everyone here has his/her favorite one. I recommend this Judy Isaacson from Custom Israel Tours - http://www.customisraeltours.com

Now before all starting to jump all over me, I do work with Judy from time to time but not only me, so are some other guides. My recommendation is based on what I saw and experienced with her when it comes to the services given to the tourists.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,600 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

I would suggest that you go via a local travel agent close to your home to book your flights. Also, that you take out travel insurance at the same time. If you book your flights with any company that is not in your own country then you have more difficulty if you should need to claim on insurance for any reason.

Then look for a guide in Israel as a separate issue. Find one that is good with children the age that yours are and can keep them interested as you tour. There is a link on the right hand side of the page in this forum which has advice on how to find a private guide. I would suggest you read that.

5. Re: looking for reliable travel agent to travel to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 08, 2014