We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Good Afternoon All,

I would like to travel from Jerusalem to Eilat and then onto Aqaba on 19th September. I have searched on egged for buses and I believe bus route 444 goes from Jerusalem to Eilat. However, I am aware the 19th September is a holiday and I am wondering how this will affect transport? Is there anyway for me to see the bus schedule as far as the 19th September? So far I have only been able to do a week in advance. Does anyone know of an alternative means to travel if buses are not running?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Alex

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

You are correct that the 19th is a holiday. However, there may be a few Eilat buses running on that day. The schedules are published 7 days in advance and require advanced reservations at that time. You can fly if you can't take a bus. There are two airlines serving Eilat on that day Arkia and Israir from Ben Gurion Airport.

Chana

Israel

Edited: 11:03 am, September 04, 2013
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Thank you very much for your help.

Hopefully one last question, does anyone know if the holiday affects the opening times of the border crossing?

Thanks,

Alex

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Hello,

1) First, bus schedule to Eilat is published about 3 weeks in advance, to let people reserve tickets. I just checked the online reservation system (currently only in Hebrew) on Egged's website, and there is only 1 ride on September 19th. This bus #444 ride departs at 23:58 and is a night-ride (this is due to the holiday that ends at around 20:00). You can (and should) reserve tickets upon arrival to Israel via phone (+972-3-694888 or 03-6948888 locally) or at any Egged cashier, found in most Central bus stations across Israel. (if you don't reserve, you'll probably face a sold-out bus!)

2) Border crossings are affected by the Jewish holiday "season", beginning today (September 4th) till September 29th, the first working day after the "season". All details concerning the border crossing can be found in their official website: iaa.gov.il/Rashat/…Msg130813.htm

Edited: 12:08 pm, September 04, 2013
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

1) Please could I clarify is the bus leaving September 19th at 23:58 and therefore arriving in Eilat on September 20th around 04:00?

2) Thank you for this very useful website.

Edited: 12:54 pm, September 04, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

1) The bus departs on September 19th at 23:58 and therefore arrives in Eilat Central bus station on September 20th at 04:35, according to the official schedule on Egged's website.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Thank you very much for this information. It's extremely helpful.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

With pleasure.

A last note: After reservation, come early before the bus departure and get to the "Eilatomat" machines (usually placed near the Information/Cashier booths). Those are automated machines for ticketing - just enter the reservation information and the machine will print out the tickets.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

Thank you again.

9. Re: Transport - Jerusalem to Eilat 19th September 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 07, 2014