We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

I am taking the train from Akko to Tel Aviv then the bus from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. I have heard that it is better to use the ashkelon station to bus to Jerusalem. I this the one that is walking distance from the train station? I assume I can do all this last minute in early evening with no problem on a Monday evening, is that correct? Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

First you say Akko then Ashkelon. Which is it? But if I understand correctly, you didn't mean Ashkelon at all (correct me if I'm wrong!).

Get off the train at Tel Aviv Center Savidor (Tel Aviv Merkaz) and take bus 480 to Jerusalem. The bus terminal is only about two minutes' walk from the railway station. (There are two bus terminals there; you want the one with the big green Egged buses, and you'll see the stop for Jerusalem clearly marked.) The 480 runs every 10-15 minutes until about midnight, so no problems at all in just turning up and getting on the next bus. Buy your ticket on the bus; it costs 18 shekels.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,957 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

Its best to take the bus from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and for sure not from Ashkelon which is not directly served from Akko.

Following Shufaluffs instructions is the way to go. Both the train and the bus run with regular frequency.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,910 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

The confusion may have arisen from the fact that the Savidor/Central train station in Tel Aviv - the one right next to the bus terminal is also called Arlozorov.

While the train from Akko does reach Ashkelon that would put you farther out of the way.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

>>.......is also called Arlozorov.<<

Not on any maps, station sign boards or timetables. I'm assuming that Ashkelon was just a typo and the OP didn't mean to say Ashkelon at all.

5. Re: Tel Aviv train station to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 08, 2014