We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shabbat Dinner

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
305 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Shabbat Dinner

Two years ago we had dinner at the Inbal where we were staying and it was fine.

We are staying there again, but I was wondering if the King David's Shabbat dinner is something we should experience. Any other suggestions not too far from the Inbal?

This Friday would be the time. Are we too late to reserve?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shabbat Dinner

It is possible to eat an any hotel in the area. All you need to do is call the hotel and arrange for payment at least 2 days prior to your arrival to ensure that they have room in their dining room (if the hotel is full they may not allow guests from outside the hotel). Regarding the experience someone else will have to chime up on that one.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shabbat Dinner

I've had Shabbat dinner at both the King David and Inbal. Both were very good (for hotel food; i.e., not innovative, gourmet dining). IIRC, the King David had a more extensive variety of foods from which to choose.

It might be fun to try another place, and if the weather is nice, a stroll is always pleasant.

If I were travelling with small children I might just eat where I was staying, to make logistics easier.

Edited: 4:56 am, May 14, 2013
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shabbat Dinner

You can probably reserve dinner even on Friday morning. I was at the King David this morning and there was a table right outside the breakfast room for people to reserve meals for tonight for chag.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shabbat Dinner

While I haven't eaten dinner at the King David, I have hotel hopped to other places. I've also done it at the earliest on Thursday and the latest on Friday.

CALI
Level Contributor
473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shabbat Dinner

Anyone know of reviews/prices of Shabbat dinner at hotels in Jeruselum?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shabbat Dinner

HOtel dinners are not inexpensive. You can expect to pay a minimum of $50-$60 per person and up. In terms of reviews, I know of no site that reviews them, others may know--but if you post the hotels you are thinking about, there are many here who have eaten in many hotels and we can comment.

7. Re: Shabbat Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 18, 2014