We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haas promenade location

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chevy Chase...
2 posts
Save Topic
Haas promenade location

Is the map location of the Haas Promenade on its TripAdvisor attractions page totally wrong? That page makes it look like it's NE of the Old City, whereas, I thought it was South of the Old City. Related question -- is it easy to take a bus there form somewhere near the Jaffa Gate? Thanks.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haas promenade location

Hello!

I don't know which map you are referring to, but the Haaz (or Haas) promenade is, as you though, south of the old city.

To get to the promenade, there is no direct bus from the Jaffa gate. You should get over to the city center (King George/Jaffa/Ben Yehuda area) and take buses 7 or 8 from the there. You may take the tram to the city center (it's only 1 stop) if you would like, the voyage costs the same (you get 90 minutes free transfer in public transportation (tram/buses) from the moment you pay for your ticket).

Alternatively, if you like walking - you can walk it. The entrance to the other promenade (Sherober promenade) is on Naomi street.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haas promenade location

I have walked from the Jaffa Gate to the Haas Promenade a few times (a friend lives right next to it). I don't recommend walking it in August during a heat wave though.

If it is nice walking weather, it is about 35-45 minutes with quite a bit of it uphill in the last 15 minutes or only a few minutes by taxi.

3. Re: Haas promenade location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 03, 2014