We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babyfood in Israel

Helsinki, Finland
6 posts
Save Topic
Babyfood in Israel

I have one more question;

Is there some kind of babyfood available in Israel? Something for a 7 month old? Where can I buy it? Or do I have to take everything with me?

And what about diapers?

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,442 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babyfood in Israel

http://www.rpechner.com/Travel/Israel/2533887_VwRTCH/133153309_zGN7V#!i=133153309&k=mbJjN68

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Babyfood in Israel

Israel is a modern Western country. Everything you can buy in Finland can be bought in Israel, probably even the same brands. There are chain pharmacy stores (Superpharm, Newpharm) all over, and you won't have any difficulty buying baby food and diapers.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Finland
Finland
Europe
Helsinki, Finland
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Babyfood in Israel

Thank you, it would have been a heavy job to bring everything over.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Babyfood in Israel

And I forgot to mention that in addition to the pharmacy chains, large supermarkets sell pretty much whatever you need for babies.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Babyfood in Israel

Recently I've learned of a company that helps with such situations - http://www.israelwithbaby.com/ .

I don't know them, but it might help you in other things related to your baby. (diapers and food you buy at the supermarket, as said)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,289 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Babyfood in Israel

This is the same company that Oreet posted a few days ago in response to another question. They look good, but of course we know no one who has used them. If you use them--please share. BTW some of the things they offer are available elsewhere ie, beds! Also, depending upon your hotel-rooms are small so be wary of hiring equipment without knowing if you will have space for it.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Babyfood in Israel

The babyfood selection here is somewhat limited. Lots of fruits and sweet potato/carrot stiff, but no meat-based baby food.

When I had babies in that age range, I made my own babyfood.

Diapers should be no problem. You can get Huggies & pampers and some less expensive brands here.

Both jarred baby foods and diapers are available in supermarkets and large drug stores (SuperPharm, etc.).

Helsinki, Finland
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Babyfood in Israel

Thank you!

So I might have to take some meat baby food with us, that won't be a problem as it seems everything else I can find there.

I commented the Company someone mentioned, in the other thread.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Babyfood in Israel

Other ideas:

* No-sugar-added applesauce in easily-available.

* Stores selling babyfood also sell finely-ground grain cereals (semolina, oatmeal, etc.) that you can mix with breastmilk/formula/mashed fruit.

* You can get a banana from any corner grocery store and mash it with a fork.

If you are staying in an apartment rather than a hotel, you can easily buy fresh pumpkin, zucchini, etc. at a corner store and steam it and mash it.

10. Re: Babyfood in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 23, 2014