We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Shamai Suites

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Shamai Suites

Hi

We have booked accommodation at the Shamai Suites. It seems that it is a newly renovated building and as such there are no reviews on it. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and is able to let me know about them.

Many thanks

Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

We have boked Shamai suites for two weeks in August. We are kosher. Has anyone else who observes kashrut stayed at Shamai suites?

Also, we aked if there are laundry facilities. Answer: no....but there are laundromats near by? Any experience with this?

mendeldave

Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

Please do post your review. Wedare booked for August for 2 weeks.

Mendeldave

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

Hello! I am interested in this as well. We are thinking about staying at Shamai Suites for a week in May. We are four adults and a 8 month old baby. It is either that or the Legacy Hotel in East Jerusalem for ease of walking to the old city. Thoughts on which one to choose?

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

We got in last night 20 may 2013 room is great clean and great location a little hard he taxi to find but no real problems . If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is not it. But if you want a place to stay with a small kitchenette and seating area with a separate bedroom this is great. The wyfi is working for me without any problems. The elevator is very small and old had to make two trips up. The lobby is a desk and that's about it

The young man at the desk was helpful gave us maps and advise on travel. I will stay here anytime I come to Jerusalem and thinks you could stay here for a month or two without any problems.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

Thanks for letting us know. Always great to get fedback and know of more options available.

Enjoy your trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

Hi all

I have posted a detailed review under the Shamai Suites in the trip advisor Jerusalem accommodation reviews. You can find it easily if you look on trip advisor. It is a detailed review. Happy to help if you have additional queries.

Regards

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

"We have boked Shamai suites for two weeks in August. We are kosher. Has anyone else who observes kashrut stayed at Shamai suites?"

I have never stayed at this property, but as someone who keeps kosher, I always bring disposable plates/bowls/plasticware, one sharp dairy + 1 sharp meat knife, 2 sponges, aluminum foil, and disposable pans whenever we rent a self-catering apartment. Even if the place is advertised as kosher, you don't really know who has stayed there and what they did in the kitchen.

If you are coming from abroad, you can just pop into a grocery store and pick up these items for a few shekels.

The only advantage to staying in a kosher place is that if we are staying over Shabbat, such establishments usually provide Shabbat clocks, warming plates, etc.

18. Re: Info on Shamai Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 23, 2014