We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Are there car rental companies in Jerusalem which will allow the car to be driven in the West Bank and if so can you suggest one?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

I can understand why the pick-up and drop-off rate is higher. The Israeli rental companies have offices and lots at the airport. They do a huge amount of business there. A company like Green Peace had to get a driver to the airport to pick-up your vehicle and get a driver back from the airport after bringing you your vehicle. So while the $80 might be okay, the fact you didn't understand that the $80 is one way only--that is not okay. BUT--what does their website say?

YIKES--I take back the above. THE website says airport surcharge $30. SO your total should have been $60. BTW looking at their prices, they are insanely expensive. No one should be renting from this company unless they are going where regular Israeli rentals can not go AND then, only for the days you need this extra service.

Wien
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Yes, I am trying to dispute the charge with Visa. Fingers crossed!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,404 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Please keep us posted - and good luck.

Wien
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Visa agreed with me and reimbursed me the 80$ airport surcharge. It was obvious to them that Green Peace tried to scam me!

So if you want to avoid such disputes, avoid Green Peace and look for another car rental company!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,404 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

First of all I am very happy to hear that your story had a good ending and that VISA backed you up.

Thanks for coming back to let us know and as you said - forewarned is forearmed - knowledge is a powerful thing.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Thank you for coming back. You may want to consider posting this story on the West Bank Forum since Green Peace is more likely to be recommended there.

17. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:34 pm, September 16, 2013
18. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, July 30, 2013
19. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, August 28, 2013
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Car Rental with insurance for West Bank

Shlomo Sixt--like EVERY other Israeli company does NOT have insurance for Palestinian Areas. AND like every other company their vehicles can be driven in Israeli areas.