We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

HI,

We are going to be travelling from Tel Aviv Airport to National Hotel Jerusalem (Zahra Street) around midnight on Sat. We have been advised to take the Nesher sherut from the airport. I'd like to know if the sherut drops us to the hotel or a central point ? If central point, how do we go to the hotel from these at this time.

Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

In principle, Nesher will take you to any address in Jerusalem. However, since you're staying in east Jerusalem the driver might not be willing to take you there, in which case you would probably be let off at the Damascus Gate, only a few minutes' walk from your hotel.

It won't hurt to ask the driver if he will go to the National Hotel, though.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,392 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

I wouldn't "ask" I would assume and let him tell you that he won't. Asking opens the door for him to say no and makes him realize that you are aware that he may not go!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

Many Nesher drivers don't go to East Jerusalem but in the many times I have seen people let off who are going to East Jerusalem hotels, I have never seen one stranded. After arriving in Jerusalem, the driver always got a taxi to take the person directly to their hotel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

By "wouldn't hurt to ask" I didn't mean you should make a whole production of the fact that he might not go. Just say you want to go to the National Hotel, in the same way as you might say you want to go to any other address in Jerusalem, not that you doubt that he will. But be prepared to accept that he might not take you all the way.

troy mi
Level Contributor
907 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

If there are 3 or more, a taxi may be the better choice both for cost, getting directly to the hotel for sure and the time of night since the last thing you want after finally exiting the airport is having to arrange for the Nesher considering issues others have posted. Make sure sure the taxi driver knows the destination before you get in

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

Agreed, if you are three or more people. And if you do decide to take a taxi, go to the official dispatcher outside, who will put you into an official taxi at the official rate. Don't go with any tout who approaches you inside the airport.

7. Re: Ben Guron Airport To Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 24, 2013