We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

While this is not a question, there is an apparent need for those consulting the forum to be informed of what is going on in Israel. Much of the media has a bias which does not show Israel in the best of light. When trying to get the full picture of what is going on, so that you can make an intelligent decision about coming to visit during this time, please consult with local news sites such as those below. Should you want additional sources, please PM me and I will send you others.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/

www.iba.org.il/world/Reka.aspx?lang&type=1

Chana

Israel

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
314 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

Chana, what about the Jerusalem Post at jpost.com?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

Foreign nationals wishing to visit Israel might be well advised to consult the websites of their respective embassies or consulates in Israel or the actual Ministry of Foreign Affairs in their home country to see if any travel warnings have been issued.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

The Jerusalem Post is another good local source.

As to consulting your government's travel advisories, doubtful you will get a balanced picture. They tend to lean towards extreme worry, considering there are almost constant travel advisories for Israel, at least from the U.S. State Dept.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

That might be true, but they are the ones who will be responsible for evacuating said foreign citizens if the situation worsens, and airline service to Israel is canceled by all arirlines other than El AL just like what happened in gulf War 1. Additionally, no news source will ever offer a balanced view since they have there own personal and political agendas and are only interested in drama which sells more papers and advertising

Australia
Level Contributor
445 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

I have been following reports, and thank you for sharing the websites. The Australian travel warnings for

Israel is exercise a high degree of caution

For Bethlehem and Jericho And Ramallah is reconsider your need to travel

And of course for the Gaza strip it advises not to travel.

There has been nation wide support for Israel from Australians.

No words can describe how I feel for Israel, having travelled there in may-June I feel I need to know what is going on. My life was enriched and we intend going back but will wait and see what is happening, it won't be until 2014 so just as the local experts have said things can change quickly and life continues as normal. My thoughts are with the people of Israel. Shalom!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

Other Israeli news sources on line, all in English:

Ha'aretz: www.haaretz.com

Jerusalem Post: www.jpost.com

Yediot Ahronot: www.ynetnews.com

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 7:20 am, November 18, 2012
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

Forbes tbank you and your country for continued support.

Warnings are always given for the area, use them at your own descretion included balanced information from more than one source, and at least two from Israel.

Anyone with Israeli site addresses is invited to include the addresses on this thread. While not completely tourism related such information educates potential travelers on the realities of today in Israel

Chana

Israel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

israelnationalnews.com/News/AllFlashes.aspx

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

Don't want top let one prior comment pass. Airlines are not canceled except got El AL. Go to the airport website.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reliable information about today's situation in Israel

neslaw1 - I did not understand what you wrote. Sorry. Just to clarify the airports are not and were not closed, all air traffic goes on.