We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

New York City
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

Id like to go to Israel next summer, but the Hotels in Jerusalem seem to be astronomical, like over $200 a night.

Is it possible to find reasonable accomodations in Jerusalem in the summer walking distance to the old City?

No Hostels, I know people who rented apartments, but even those seemed pricey

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,957 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

Hostels in Israel are more like a Motel 6 without carpeting or a bathtub (but with a shower) in the double rooms. If you are not so sure about staying in a Christian atmosphere, then skip that venue. There are hostels here with dorms, but those belonging to the Israel Youth Hostel Association generally don't. If you are one or two people, than it's just you in the room (which may or may not sleep up to 6 people). In general most Israeli hotels/hostels do not have double beds, but rather two twin beds next to one another. This is standard and not unusual.

Check out Shufaluff's links for further information, they are very useful.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,910 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

On the whole hostels in Israel are nicer than Motel 6 - as already described - you would get a private room with its own private bathroom, shower, etc. Often you will have a TV in the room, electric kettle, mini fridge too - private room, either two twins or a double bed, sometimes an arm chair. The rooms are small but comfortable. Not a dorm room, not the image of cheap backpackers lodging.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

If you just don't want to do a room at a hostel, you can definitely look at a one bedroom apartment.

Look at this site

http://www.wimdu.ca/jerusalem/

There are all kinds of apartments under $150 a night available for next summer. Centrally located with air-conditioning. I stayed at a great apartment on Lincoln street this past summer for about $170 a night that had 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, full kitchen, washer and dryer, wifi, very centrally located. Great deal.

You could also look at smaller guest houses like Little House in Rehavia which has prices around $130 a night for next summer.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/il/a-little-house-in-rechavia.html?aid=330843;lang=en;pb=1

Also look at Montefiore Hotel which is much more reasonably priced. I often stay there, small hotel, great location, quiet. Basic but very comfortable.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

I'm visiting Israel this November and we're booked at City Center Jerusalem on King George Street for three nights. I checked their summer rates and it's just under $150 in July. It got decent ratings on Booking.Com. I'm hoping it's a nice place. We booked directly from their website. They have two buildings to chose from.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

City Center are vacation apartments/suites. I stayed in that building years ago when it was a hostel. It is now much more inviting! You certainly will be in the middle of everything, a bit of street noise but it does get good reviews. I looked at it once on a visit and for the money (and it is an older building after all and you can tell), it seemed a good value. If you are staying there on Shabbat, make sure you stock your fridge as most things in the area will be closed. Check out in advance where the nearest non-kosher restaurants are if you plan to eat in restaurants on Shabbat or you can always eat in the Christian or Moslem quarters of the Old City.

I think it is a good budget choice.

Edited: 12:02 am, October 04, 2012
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,296 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

There are non-Kosher restaurants accross from the Dan Panorama hotel.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,296 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

Hostels in Israel are NOT necessarily college dorm rooms ( and my room had only two of us) Now i realize you decided on elsewhere--but for others--look at the links before making conclusions.

18. Re: Is there inexpensive Lodging in Jerusalem??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 14, 2013