We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Bethlehem from Jerusalem

toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visiting Bethlehem from Jerusalem

My wife and I are on a cruise that docks in Ashdod this October 25th(2012) for a short two day visit and we would like to follow the previous advice on here, catch the shuttle from the ship to the ashdod bus station and then to Jerusalem,city bus or light rail? to the old city, and we hope to see some of the well known christian sites.

The thing is- we would also like to visit Bethlehem for the same

reason. Hopefully on the same day.

What do we need to do? Can we get a taxi from Jerusalem

that will take us there?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: visiting Bethlehem from Jerusalem

Hiring a private tour guide will allow you to visit the sites you want at your own pace. Even just hiring a guide to write an itinerary would allow you to use yiur time most efficiently.

Once in Jerusalem you can easily get to Bethlehem on your own. I suggest taking a taxi (maybe you will even find one that can take uou to the church). Spend both nights in Jerusalem and meet the ship in Haifa. On the third day you could take the bus to Tel Aviv and the train to the port, nice ride and independent travel. Please allow yourself a wonderful experience by not traveling by bus from Ashdod to Jerusalem in any case.

Chana

Israel

toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: visiting Bethlehem from Jerusalem

Thanks, and you made me chuckle!

Bus to Tel Aviv is fine. Just don't take the bus from Ashdod

to Jerusalem.

Thanks for confirming taxi to Bethlehem and I am researching guides

online.

When we finish our trip I will return to the forum and let everyone know

how we made out.

Thanks Chana, and everyone else that posted.

13. Re: visiting Bethlehem from Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 14, 2013