We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

Can anyone suggestion evening entertainment for the nights of Oct. 13-19, 2012 in Jerusalem? Many thanks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,425 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

What do you mean by entertainment? Musical shows, plays, sites open at night, movie theaters, bars? Please be a bit more specific.

Chana

Israel

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

Any music, no movies, probably not plays because Hebrew plays would not be appropriate for us. Bars probably not so great because we are in our 50's and 60's. Zappa might be fine but they haven't posted for those dates yet. Israeli folk music/dancing would be great but we saw the YMCA show last year and it was rather unimpressive. Dinner with music would be awesome. I have checked major venues and have not found anything for those dates. A intimate setting would be fun and I'm hoping there are places like that which I am unaware of. Thanks so much for trying to help us, Chana!!

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

Just as a follow-up, we went to the Zappa Club in Jerusalem and saw a great show by Miri Mesika. I would recommend this music venue for tourists who want to have a look at what Israelis do in the evening -- you won't find many tourists there. We walked from city center -- a long walk, and then caught a cab back afterwards. It can be a bit hard to find because it's together with other businesses in a structure that looks a bit like a warehouse, but don't give up. The food here was really good (better than expected for this sort of a place). We had a lot of fun and the prices were reasonable. A good choice for tourists who want something to do at night, want to see some of Israel's modern culture, and can't understand the Hebrew that's necessary to see dramatic plays.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,096 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

Thank you for posting your experience. Zappa has a branch in Tel Aviv, a branch in Herzelia and another one, just during the summer in Shuni near Binyamina. Glad you had a lovely evening.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

Yes, the one in Jerusalem is new -- it existed before as a music hall before but wasn't owned by the Zappa group until more recently. I should have mentioned that it's in the complex known as "Hama'abada" (The Lab). This is how the cab drivers and locals refer to the place, and I'm not sure everyone knows yet that it's called Zappa.

6. Re: Jerusalem entertainment: Oct. 13-19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, December 17, 2013