We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Near Cotel Hotel

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Near Cotel Hotel

Does anyone know anything about this hotel. I'm not sure I even got the name correct. I was told the average nightly cost would be $69.41 p/nite. That low rate makes me nervous. Any input would be appreciated.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,336 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

The Kotel is usually spelled with a "K' not a C. Other than that I have no idea what you are talking about. The price range sounds like a hostel in the Arab section of the old city.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

Thanks for the reply. I thought the price range was a little low for a hotel. Think I'll look to stay elsewhere. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks again.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,445 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

Try one of the hostels (more like a US motel) which are low budget such as Beit Shmuel or Agron. If you are interested in staying in the Old City there are several Christian hotels such as the Ecce Homo.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,336 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

Before asking for recommendations it is always good if you tell us your price range and when you are coming. We then know whether to recommend a hostel or a regular hotel.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

There is an apartment for rent called "Near The Kotel Hotel Apartment" that I found here.

agoda.co.il/middle_east/israel/jerusalem/nea…

Looks like a small apartment that they rent out to guests on holiday. From the pictures it appears small and cramped, but I may be wrong.

I don't know how close to the Kotel it is, or how critical this is to you. Deopending on your criteria, you may be able to do better.

The Agron and Beit Shmuel guest houses/youth hostels may be a better choice, if you do not need access to cooking facilities.

If you do not need kosher food, then one of the small hotels or pilgrimage hostels inside the Old City may also be a good choice.

What are you looking for?

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

Like rdglady wrote, first we need to know you budget and then we will be happy to recommend the hotels accordingly.

If $70 USD is low for you than maybe you are not aiming the hostels.

Budget first and then the recommendations will come.

moddin
Level Contributor
17 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

As of now this hotel got it's own review in channel 10 of Israeli TV at 12/6/2012 20: pm that this hotel is a rip-off.

Review showed that the room are small, dirty, beds are disgusting and dirty with hairs (I hope of human origin?) on them and old dirty towels.

When the guests (2 couples interview) show up they find that no one is giving any service to this hotel what so ever. when phone on registration form is called there is only a message that explains that their is a key in a post box !

thats it.

all interviewers said that if they had more money they would switch hotels.

Btw - from hotel their is no view of anything but the next street as it is on ground floor only at a densely populated neighborhood.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,336 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

amotz--thanks for sharing,.

Haifa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

Don"t get near this so-called "hotel". A special report on last night news on Israeli channel 2 dedicated to this place showed that the place is disgusting.The pictures on its web site are apparently fabricated. No connection between them and the actual condition.

Israel
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Near Cotel Hotel

I would like to warn you and your customers about an apartment in Jerusalem that's called "near the kotel" the owner is a hassler that goes by the name "Ronit" but her real name is Rivka Yankovich. She has a business that's called "Sapir Tours" in harav Yitzchak Nissim 16/5 Jerusalem. her phone numbers are: 050-4711363 or 050-4114231 or 050-2311363

I made reservations with her over the phone. we agreed on 500 INS down payment and another 900 INS upon arrival. She charged my credit card 1400 INS without my permission a month prior to the requested date. when we got there (with my 18 months old twins) the place was filthy, stinking from cigarettes and rotten fruit, cigarettes butts on the floor, everything was dirty and not safe with electric weirs hanging from the celling and wood boards underneath the stairs. we took pics to prove it. she said it would fit 9 people but in reality it fits maybe 3. We had to find a hotel immidietly and our short holiday was ruined. Also, i never recieved any reciete for my payment. Her naboughrs told us there was a constraining order in cityhall against renting this place . Please take off her listing from your web site if your credibility is important to you. A quick search in google for her name will show you a list of lawsuits against her.

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND DO NOT GO THERE.