We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amman to Jerusalem

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Amman to Jerusalem

Can advice if US $875 5D/4N Amman to Jerusalem tour price w lodging,visa,transfers,2 group tours reasonable ?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,971 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

How many people and where are you staying in Jerusalem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,281 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

Sounds a bit low if this is a private tour, but it is possible that they use inexpensive lodgings. For a group tour it may be a good price for 1 person.

Chana

Israel

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

TQ for your response. This is price quoted for one person and 4 N will in 2 * lodging - Holy Land Hotel similar. The transfer from Amman I think is private or possibly with others. The 2 tours are for Jerusalem and part of a group. So what do u think ? should I take the tour ?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,281 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

It's hard to say. First of all if it is a reputable company. Who is running the tour in Israel and what type of accomodations you will be staying in -- 2 * may be a very big dissappointment for you as this would most likely be at a standard less than a youth hostel in Europe. Do you have the name of the places you will stay? This is the bulk cost of the tour. You are one on your own, not incorporated into a group? If you are totally on your own I would not take the tour as the cost is too low for such a tour and I would be concerned of many aspects. If you will be incorporated into a group that has formed inside Israel it might be doable. If you would like I can look over the offer for a more professional opinion. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,971 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

The Holy Land hotel is rated as an adequate budget hotel here on Trip Advisor. What I would do is go to the Hotel web site or a booking site and see what it would cost if you booked directly. Assuming you are joining a group tour--go to

http://www.eggedtours.com/

and see what comparable tours cost. Add it together. Figure there is transportation from Amman to the crossing and the crossing to Jerusalem, as well as VISA costs . Add it all up and make a decision.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

Day 1: Transfer from Allenby to Jerusalem check in the hotel for overnight

Day 2: Old City of Jerusalem “walking tour”

Day 3: Mt. of Olives – Mt. Zion – Bethlehem

Day 4: Free day in Jerusalem

Day 5: transfer to Allenby

This is the itinery quoted. TQ about your suggestion.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

On your "free day" in Jerusalem I suggest you visit the New City - especially the Yad Vashem national memorial to the Six Milion Jews murdered in the Holocaust. After that, visit the nearby Israel Museum to see:a) the Shrine of the Book (home of the Dead Sea Scrolls) and b) Model of Second Temple Period Jerusalem (it's fabulous).

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

TQ both for your advice and the free day itinery. Can you possibly advice if vaytours are reliable ?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

Can't say from experience but looked for negative reviews (this is a great way to get info since people are far more likely to complain than praise) on the Jordan forum and didn't see any. Then looked on the web for negative reviews and still didn't find much of anything. From their website they have 24 hour contact number posted in addition to their office hours.

You can call the office and speak to them (not just deal with email) and see how you feel about their response to you.

Always ask about cancellation policies and if you can pay on a credit card that insures against fraud, that is another way to protect yourself. However, I prefer to take a more positive stance.

If you decide to use them it would be very valuable to report back to tripadvisor on both the Jordan and Israel forums on how your trip goes.

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
151 posts
683 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amman to Jerusalem

Do you know how we can get from Israel to Jordan? We are planning to go with educational opportunities which is a Christian based group to Israel. We can extend through them for a three day trip to Jordan for about $770 but we are wondering if we can plan it ourselves to include wasirum. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks