We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking water

UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Drinking water

I know it will be very important to have a supply of water at all times but I would like to ask if there are water fountains to refill bottles, as in some countries, or will we have to buy bottled water to carry around with us.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
239 reviews
220 helpful votes
1. Re: Drinking water

You realize, right, that tap water in Israel is perfectly safe to drink all over the country? So, what I usually do is buy one large bottle of water (Eden Water, or "Mei Eden" is a popular local brand. Then I refill it from the faucet or drinking fountains as I travel around. Works great.

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
48 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Drinking water

I, too, refill my water bottle wherever I can get water..................never a problem.

Kathy

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,912 posts
42 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: Drinking water

You should have no problem finding places to refill your water.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
239 reviews
220 helpful votes
4. Re: Drinking water

In fact, many Israeli faucets are long Us, like bent-over swan necks, and make filling water bottles much easier that most US faucets. I'm notas familiar with the style in the UK.

Douglas Duckett

UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Drinking water

Thank you all...............another box ticked.

Kath

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,087 posts
324 reviews
198 helpful votes
6. Re: Drinking water

I would like to suggest investing in a water pack which is a bag with a flexible straw you carry on your back thus allowing you to carry more than .5/1.5 liters of water in a bulky water bottle. What's more is that if you like ice you can ask the hotel to fill the bag with ice in the morning and thus have refreshing cool water throughout the day. I use a 3 liter bag, but they come in all sizes. In Israel in the summer -- a necessity (in my eyes).

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,912 posts
42 reviews
44 helpful votes
7. Re: Drinking water

I carry a 1.5 liter bottle in an insulated holder so it is over my shoulder. The holder can also be worn as a back pack. Dont' forget the larger the amount of water you are carrying, the heavier it is.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
239 reviews
220 helpful votes
8. Re: Drinking water

A tip when out all day on a REALLY hot day -- freeze the water overnight if you can. You'll have ice water all day. :-)

Douglas Duckett

Vacationing on Kaua'i, Hawai'i

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
42 reviews
29 helpful votes
9. Re: Drinking water

About freezing the water - don't forget to only fill the bottle to about 2/3 before freezing it, as water expands as it freezes. Then before you leave, top up the ice with water.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,763 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
10. Re: Drinking water

The chains Aroma and Arcaffe (maybe others too) have on their serving counter a faucet of cold water that everybody can use including glasses.