We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

I have been told that a vortex is located in Jerusalem. Is this

true? Where in Israel can one feel that magnificient energy?

Who can I contact in Israel/Jerusalem to guide me to it?

I'll be there for Holy Week and want to make sure I don't

miss a thing. Thanks for helping me.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,966 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

There is no special "vortex" in Jerusalem ( or Israel) per se. Different people feel a special something at different places. It is individual. Whether or not you'll feel it --no one can say and there is no one "spot": to be guided to!

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

I have to tell this true story -- Sedona, Arizona is famous not just for the gorgeous red rocks, but for its vortex or vortices -- quite a tourist magnet and there's long been a booming New Age cottage industry.

There was one vortex in particular people had been visiting for decades. Unfortunately, necessary improvements at the local airport meant the vortex site was now smack dab at the end of a runway. For safety and security of people and planes alike, they couldn't allow people to hang out there, doing whatever celebrations vortex fans do.

It was a big brouhaha and finally, trying to be helpful, the town cordoned off a nearby mesa and built a nice little jeep road up for vortex fans so they could be close, but not right on airport property. Local New Agers were outraged at the disrespect.

Oddly, within a year or two, locals and visitors who insisted they were genuinely sensitive to such energies swore the vortex was actually located at the new mesa.

So who knows? Maybe there's a vortex that moved to Jerusalem from Beersheva or something.

On a slightly more serious note -- I don't think anyone here would argue, there is something enormously powerful about Israel, and probably for most people, it's centered in Jerusalem. (For me it's in the Golan, but I'm weird that way.) I encourage you to go with an open heart and see where it grabs you.

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

For us it was while on the ride on the boat on the Sea of Galilee and can't wait to experience it again this Easter 2010

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

Coming during Holy Week isn't vortex enough?

Edited: 10:35 pm, January 24, 2010
Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

Agree-------Holy Week in Isreal is our dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few more months and that dream will come true----God is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

Vortex??? More like the Jerusalem Syndrome (OK, OK, I am the party braker).

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

Maybe he meant Gortex ? :-)

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

There is a guy calling me every second week or so, claiming that the Ark of the Covenant is buried underneath our property and that he just needed our permit to dig a few weeks or so under the floor of my wine cellar, and an enormous vortex to heaven will open.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

While wine can be a salvation remedy, your wine cellar stands in the way to world salvation...let him dig, please :)

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does a special vortex exists in Israel?

Matzchik:

Do you live next door to a bank ?