We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving trip around, Jerusalem, Jordon and Egypt

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving trip around, Jerusalem, Jordon and Egypt

My Partner and I really would like to see Jordon,jerusalem and all the good spots in Egypt. We have 2 weeks and are wondering if driving is the best option. We could combine this with a nile cruise. Is it safe and do able??

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving trip around, Jerusalem, Jordon and Egypt

I can't help you with Jordan and Egypt, but you can't take a rented car from those two countries into Israel or from Israel into those countries.

You do not need a car to get from the Egyptian or Jordanian border to Jerusalem (use public transport) and you do definitely not need a car in Jerusalem itself (it's a liabilility, like in central London). You should budget at least three-four days for Jerusalem and one for the Dead Sea (easily accessible from Jerusalem).

You should also consider spending more time in Israel to see the rest of the country - the Galilee, Tel-Aviv, etc, but this requires more time.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,966 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving trip around, Jerusalem, Jordon and Egypt

As said above--rental cars can't be taken from country to country. You want to cover a lot of ground in two weeks. It would be a very quick overview of three countries and I don't know how much you would see and how much you would just run through. Figure out exactly what you want to see in each country and then see how it would work. I would seriously suggest eliminating either Jordon or Egypt. Isnt' the Nile cruise a few days by itself?

3. Re: Driving trip around, Jerusalem, Jordon and Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 24, 2010