We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise terminal at Ashdod to Jerusalem

USA
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise terminal at Ashdod to Jerusalem

How would we get from the cruise terminal in Ashdod to the bus terminal to catch a bus to Jerusalem. Also if we took a cab how much one way? Also what about a Sherut (spelling?)

Thanks,

Rodan

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise terminal at Ashdod to Jerusalem

Hello Rodan5

Unfortunately Ashdod is not a freindly port for passengers...

It is a big port, located out side the city and the cruise ships dock very far from the entrance.

You don't have Sheirut taxi from the port but you have taxis that are allowed to enter the port and they are waitting ant the pier. The price to the central bus station is according to the meter. I can tell you that only 2 weeks ago i had finished guiding an excursion and got back to the port at noon time (it was the last cruise for this season Nautica of Oceania cruise - great ship!) and I had to take a taxi to the central bus station. It cost me 25Nis by the meter to the station which is on the other side of the city!

Another thing, most cruise companies arrange shuttle bus from the pier to the bus station that works regularly during the day. Check with your company whether the they have it on your cruise.

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise terminal at Ashdod to Jerusalem

Check on egged.co.il for bus timetables. And ask the taxi driver to put on the meter before you start the journey.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise terminal at Ashdod to Jerusalem

On the main forum page "israel forum", on the top right of the page is a series of FAQ, look at the one on trips from Ashdod and Haifa.

4. Re: Cruise terminal at Ashdod to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, May 28, 2010