We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christian hotels in Nazareth

israel
3 posts
Save Topic
christian hotels in Nazareth

is there any christian hotels in Nazareth?

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

St Gabriel - http://www.rannet.com/gabriel/

for the list of hotels in Nazareth look here:

www.nazarethinfo.org/show_item.asp…

israel
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

i know this list , but it is important to know whitch hotel is for christian owners and which is for other chains

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,118 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

Call and ask, should not be too difficult, you live here. Why do you care?

israel
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

mr shoshi when you want to answer a question you should read it well and then answer, if you have problems with reading comprehension i can help you.

and because i live here i care, and i do care a lot , it is very importand to spread such information to peple abroad

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,778 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

Shoshi is actually a Ms., not a Mr.

And actually, as a Christian who visits Israel frequently (I just returned from my tenth visit), I actually am uncomfortable with a list of "Christian-owned" places, as if we should encourage other Christians not stay somewhere owned by a Jew, Muslim, or Druze. We used to have that kind of thing in the United States, and then it was called "restricted." I realize that Christians are a small minority in Israel and the Palestinian Territories, and a troubled and pressured one, but the premise of this request makes me uncomfortable. I am obviously only speaking for myself here.

Douglas Duckett

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,019 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

"and because i live here i care, and i do care a lot , it is very importand to spread such information to peple abroad"

What is there to 'care' about ? what people abroad are interested in who owns which hotel ? Most people care about service, cleanliness, food and price.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,778 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

Add location to your list, mbgg, and that is exactly what I care about, not discriminating on the basis of the religion of the hotel owner.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,543 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

I need to add my voice to those who are insulted by the question. It is inappropriate on a board where questions are answered by all for all. If you need to indulge in discriminatory practices then do your own research and keep your results to yourself!!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,543 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

reflecting on the post where the OP called Shoshi and "Mr" . Shoshi is not a rare name. ( sorry Shoshi--but I speak only of your name, not of YOU--who is indeed a rare individual--and I mean that in a positive way) I find it unlikely that anyone living in Israel doesn't know that Shoshi is a female name! I do not know what or who Christiansoul is, but i feel he/she is not whom they claim to be!

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: christian hotels in Nazareth

My first response to this post was “Hotels can’t be Christians”.

To be fair to a complicated topic, I do think at times people specifically seek out a place to stay, or eat, or shop because of personal religious or cultural preferences.

I have seen plenty of people on this board (and others) specifically ask for Jewish guides, shops, or hotels. I know that at times the request is related to Kosher standards, but in some instances is seems to be the desire of the person to support the Jewish community in Israel with their travel spending.

I know I have suggested people shop in some of the Christian owned shops in Bethlehem, because Christians there are an especially beleaguered population and in need of support if they are going to survive.

I think if the OP had given a little more context to the request, it might have been more palatable. Times are increasingly difficult for Christians in Nazareth, where they are now a minority community, and subject to occasional violence.

I do look forward to the time when such distinctions will not matter for economic, ethnic, political, or religious reasons. But, I am also waiting for the lion to lie down with the lamb.