We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about lev yerushalayim

new jersey
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
question about lev yerushalayim

I know it's not a fancy hotel, we don't need fancy & like the location, but I've heard stories about them not providing soap/shampoo, and possibly charging you to use the dishes they 'provide'. Does anybody know what the story is with soap/shampoo/ and dishes? Thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about lev yerushalayim

I don't remember about the soap and shampoo but I do remember the roaches. Leave a light on at night.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about lev yerushalayim

I have never heard of a hotel charging customers for dishes that are used when meals are served.

Here are some TripAdvisor reviews of the place:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293983-d310…

(from the "Jerusalem Hotels" section on the left sidebar of this screen).

I see in one of the reviews from May 30, 2008 something about the hotel charging $35 for dishes that the customers wanted to keep for personal use during their stay. I don't know what this is all about -- maybe since they can't guarantee that you'll keep them kosher, they throw them out afterwards (can't kasher ceramic dishes), so they charge you for this. Buy disposable dishes, or bring some Corelle if you plan on needing them.

Haifa
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about lev yerushalayim

I've been there in December 2008. We took a "renovated" suite - it was pretty basic, but adequate. Mostly reminded me of the US "business trips" hotels - the lower end. There certainly was some soap/shampoo in on-the wall dispensers.

No dishes, but they can be rented from the hotel. We brought our own.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,568 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about lev yerushalayim

Indigo--Dishes are NOT for meals served. They are for use in the kitchenette provided in each suite!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,896 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about lev yerushalayim

If you do end up needing to buy dishes, check out the "two shekel" stores on Jaffa Rd (turn left at the intersection with King George St and you should find a couple within a block or so). You can usually pick up assorted basics very cheaply there (can be combined with a trip to Mahane Yehuda market to buy fabulous veg, fruit, bread etc).

Avigail

6. Re: question about lev yerushalayim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, November 08, 2009