We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

Norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

Hi!

We're six persons (age 66,36*me*,30,12,10,6) going to Israel in January of 2009.

I have some questions ...

I'm wondering if there is a "7-day bustickets" for tourists to go around Israel? "One Price - travel as much as you want during seven days." I've been searching around the egged-website and find nothing about it ... Or is it maybe better to rent a car for six persons? Any advices?

We will go by plane to Aqaba. And stay one night in Eilat before going north. How is it to get through the border on saturdays? We come on saturday 17th, and leave the next. Is it open all day?

And the last one for now ... We plan bringing both a Visa-card and a mastercard. Is this enough? Or should we bring cash?

Thanks ...

Svein, Norway

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Aqaba
Aqaba
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Eilat
Eilat
Southern District, Israel
Norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

Found the an other place describing going in the west bank by car:

Next time I will search before asking ... :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k231…

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

That's actually not the right post to look at, as Qumran is not in the PA area. The road which leads to Qumran does go through the PA but it's the area controlled by the IDF and the road has been safe for quite a while now, thank Goodness. Eldan is reliable and has good prices and has an agency in Eilat too - see eldan.co.il

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Eldan Hotel
Eldan Hotel
911 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Eilat
Eilat
Norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

Looks like we will rent a car ... :)

I have som Q's considering security: How is it to drive the "90", from Tiberias to Jerusalem after nightfall? Is the "90" safe 24/7? Is the road from Masada-Quamram-Jerusalem also safe 24/7 (day and night)?

In wich manner will the presence of the IDF be noticed in these areas?

Thanks! :)

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
Galilee, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

There have been no recent security related incidents in either road. Just take into account they are badly lit at night and not very wide. IDF is present at roadblocks (not many, usually) and at outposts you won't be able to see at night.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

Try to drive before nightfall, not because of security but because the roads are narrow and winding.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

Car rental offices in Eilat are closed on Saturday.

You can rent a car on Sunday morning, drive north to the dead sea sites, then go to Jerusalem.

If you wish to visit the sea of Galilee you can keep the car for another day and go north on Monday, or - stay on Sunday night near the dead sea (maybe Ein Gedi), go north on route 90 on Monday morning and come back to Jerusalem in the evening (stop to visit Beit Shean if you have time).

You then have full 3 days in Jerusalem. On Friday morning go back to Eilat by bus.

I am sure you'll have a wonderful trip. Just think about the temperture difference between Norway and Eilat!

Mentioned in this post
Eilat
Eilat
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
17. Re: Going by bus in Israel, prices ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 12, 2009