We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help comparing hotels

cleveland
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need help comparing hotels

Both of these hotels are actualy more than I wanted to spend but can someone help me compare the two? Which one is in a better location as far as safety and closeness to major sites? Can someone compare thier views of each hotel as far as cleanliness and appearance? I am also interested in one that offers shops or restaurants close by. Open to any other hotel suggestions with more reasonable prices. Please help, I'm getting very confused as time is running out. Want to stay there Dec 3 & 4th. Thanks

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help comparing hotels

You forgot to name the hotels :)

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help comparing hotels

Try the youth hostels, well located, nice premises, sane prices and no age limit. http://www.iyha.org.il/eng/

cleveland
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help comparing hotels

Can't believe I did that. Told you I need help. Between the Addar and Eldan. Getting similar prices on these two. Again, thank you.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help comparing hotels

I know nothing about Addar hotel. The eldan hotel is in great location and has good reviews. If you plan to rent a car you could do that with the Eladan company and get a "package price" on hotel and car. You don't the car in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, but for the rest of your trip.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help comparing hotels

The Eldan's location is much better. The Addar is quite far away from restaurants and even from the Old City (appr. 10/15 minutes on foot until you reach the gates of the old City).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help comparing hotels

Another vote for the Eldan, the location of which is unbeatable. Next door is also the Three Arches Hotel at the Jerusalem International YMCA, another option (though too expensive right now for what you get, in my view).

Douglas Duckett

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
236 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help comparing hotels

I'm currently in the Eldan next door to the YMCA.

I'm paying $190 for a double.

The Eldan is very nice. Our room fronts the street and we don't hear a thing. Location is fantastic and breakfast is good.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help comparing hotels

Good you are having a good time! Careful tomorrow if you are cycling - wintry weather ahead.

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
236 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help comparing hotels

I've yet to take the bike overseas. (Been to Paris, Italy and now Israel since getting seriously into cycling.) Do so much walking that the last thing I want to do is more exercise. Someday, I'll do a bike trip in Europe.

I do have a bike that breaks down and fits into a suitcase. Its been to Hawaii (Maui), California, Oregon and Washington State.

And oh yes, we are having a great time. Hopefully going to see a music and dance event at the YMCA tonight. 2 week trip about to come to an end on Sunday.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help comparing hotels

Continue to enjoy!