We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning flight from TLV

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Coast
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early morning flight from TLV

Hi,

I will be in Jerusalem next week. My flight out of Israel is from Ben Gurion airport at 7.45 am on Friday. Will it be easy to get some transportation from the old city to the airport in the morning? What time should I leave Jerusalem? Or should I stay in Tel Aviv for the night (any hotel/hostel recommendations?)?

thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,349 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning flight from TLV

The airport ( despite its' TLV designation) is not in Tel Aviv. It is 30 or so minutes away. It is also 40 or so minutes away from Jerusalem, so there is no need to go to Tel Aviv for the night.

My suggestion would be to call Nesher Cab ( they are the Sheruit service) They will tell you what time they will pick you up. For a 7:45 AM flight, you need to be at the airport by 4:45AM. Someone once posted that they were having difficulty getting early morning Nesher cabs--my suggestion--call early. I believe they currently cost 50NIS.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning flight from TLV

Indeed call Nesher, but since you're staying n the old city they might not offer pick ups at the time you want. If so, fix to take them from their main office in town (it costs les than a pick up from home address too) and take a taxi to their main office to meet their "sherut".

3. Re: Early morning flight from TLV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 02, 2009