We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

petra tour

Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
petra tour

thanks everyone for your help with jerusalem hotel. I booked Eldan and the car also with them. I need a Petra tour from Tel Aviv. Tour operators have not returned by emails. Any suggestions?

San Francisco
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: petra tour

I just used a company called Eco Tours based out of Eilat. I thought they did a great job. The flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat is short and pretty cheap. If possible, spend the night in/around Petra and do a tour of the Wadi Rum desert the following day. It was amazing.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: petra tour

Just to put in my 2 cents. Eco Desert tours returned all my emails (im in Costa Rica) and were very helpful in the reservation process. Im taking their one day Petra tour (out of Eilat).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
376 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: petra tour

I was looking for the same thing. Check this they replied to me right away via email.

I am not using them since it is expensive for me but you might like it.

http://www.inisrael.com/cto/israeli_tours.htm

her is they reply to my email"

The tour departs from Tel Aviv City Sde Dov airport at about 06.30 a.m and returns to Sde Dov

in the evening about 22.00 hr. ( 10.00 p.m)

The cost per person is US Dollars 309.00 which includes the following

return flight ticket Tel Aviv - Eilat- Tel Aviv

Full day tour of Petra including lunch

not included about US Dollars 35.00 per person for border taxes visa fees and tips to the Jordanian guide

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: petra tour

Thanks. The price of $309 is not that steap considering you're flying in and out on the same day. However, Id much rather drive and get to know the desert on the way!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: petra tour

I took a tour to Petra--had the driver pick me up at the border. His name is Khaled AlFarajat and is a retired military officer from the Jordanian army. Very nice man. Here's his number: 962-777-248-006. Once you are him Petra I toured the site with Salaaman (I think that's his name). He's Bedouin who speaks good English. He runs a company called 7 Wonders Tours right in Petra. Khaled will know how to reach him. We organized all this through an Israeli tour guide, but I realized that I could have saved myself a lot of money by booking directly with the Jordanian driver and guide. I hope you have a wonderful time, it truely is a site to behold!

6. Re: petra tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, September 30, 2009