We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

Frankfurt
4 posts
Save Topic
Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

would like to get from Amman to A.B. by rental car, leave it there, and get from the Israelian side to Jerusalem. Does sb know if we can leave the car safely, and how fast we can get from A.B. to J then? Cheers!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

I would not leave a car at the border crossing on any side. You can get there by taxi, not expensive and reliable. Or use a bus. The time depends not on transport but on the time it takes to clear border control and customs for 2 countries. The drivig time from A.B. to Jerusalem in about 55-65 minutes depending on traffic.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

Shoshi -

Re: Your statement of not leaving a car at the border at any time, would that be for ANY border crossing?

I believe at the Beit Shean Crossing (Sheik Hussein Bridge) there is a parking lot on the Israeli side. It's designed for those that want to park and take an excursion into Jordan. There is a fee of abou 25NIS.

Stephan -

Many Jordanian rental firms will let you drop the car off at the border for a small fee. You may want to do that and just rent another car when returning to Jordan, if you are returning.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,724 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

Shoshi--do you have fact, especially re: the Jordanian side of the bridge or are you speaking from what you feel. To Stephantenhaef--it would seem to me that the Jordan forum would be better equipped to answer questions re: the Jordanian side of the crossing.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

If there is a parking lot with a guard, one can leave the car. Otherwise it is not safe. People on the forum wrote that they left cars in the Arava crossing (Eilat). I would not. We know that cars are stolen in Israel and dismantled very quickly. Maybe in Eilat it happens less.

Frankfurt
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

Guys, thanks much for your advices. Guess I check the Jordanian forum, too. Have a great Sunday

6. Re: Allenby bridge to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 22, 2009