We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRS Hotels

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
JRS Hotels

HELP!!! Everything I hear/read about Jerusalem hotels are terrible. Does anyone have suggestions as to where to stay in nice hotel, with comfortable beds (running a marathon the week I get back - need to be healthy) in which I can stay?

I am looking to not go over $250/night and would love to stay under $100, but it just seems like everything is so pricey for such poor quality.

Thank you!

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRS Hotels

When is your trip?

If you are willing to pay up to $250 per night you will have no problem finding a hotel that is "nice" and has "comfortable beds".

Labatt (Douglas) always recommends the 3 Arches Hotel at the YMCA and I know it is around $135 a night (Douglas...you can certainly tell more accurate prices). Prima Royale or Prima Kings are in the same basic area and rooms are in that same price range and I have not heard anything horrible about them.

I have chosen for my last 2 trips (including my upcoming May trip) to stay in the area of Bakah at Little House in Bakah and this time in Bakah Apartments next door to the Little House. It is not walking distance to the Old City, but, a taxi is cheap. I adore the neighborhood.

Others will chime in with their ideas, I know. Unless you are looking for LUXURY it seems you can absolutely find a decent hotel for your price range.

ENJOY!

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRS Hotels

I would try the Prima Royale or the Inbal. The hotels are not terrible. The hotel industry is recovering from a long period of tourism drought which forced it to downsize and cut back. The service is quite horrible, as a rule, but this is the Israeli nature for you. Once you take those things into consideration and adjust your expectations accordingly, you could have a very pleasant experience. Ask for a non smoking room and insist on it - it sounds like your lungs could benefit from it. Enjoy!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRS Hotels

Kathy is right that I love the Three Arches at the Jerusalem International YMCA, and the price runs $85 per night for a single, $115 for a double. For more information, see www.jerusalemymca.org. The location is unbeatable, but it sounds to me as if you might be looking for a little bit more pampering than this rather spartan place might give. So I'd second the recommendation of the Prima Royale, and I'd trust Anon (a Jerusalemite) on the Inbal as well.

Douglas Duckett

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRS Hotels

Douglas?!?! No flags, no informal clothing, no buckeye - what is going on with your avatar?????

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,818 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRS Hotels

I don't know who says Jerusalem hotels are terrible. When are you going? Are you going as a single or a double. You can easily stay in the Dan Panorama for around $170 in the summer. ( two in a room, slightly less for a single) Even the Inbal is under $250. I am blanking now on who wrote the excellent post explaining how the hotels needed to recover from a period of no tourism. They have recovered and are fine.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRS Hotels

Anon, just trying to keep some variety. Besides, I believe that it was you who did not like my legs. :-)

This was my picture from the year I was national president of my professional association. It almost convinced them that I was fit for office! So I decided to recycle it.

I like Dr. Z's new avatar -- though he looked nothing like I pictured him. I have a feeling that is going to happen a lot when we get together in Jerusalem in May....

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JRS Hotels

Yes, indeed, Douglas is looking very "lawyer-like" in that avatar, isn't he? I prefer the more casual version of Douglas and yet........it's his choice, right?

Should we have name tags for our gathering in Jerusalem? I was honestly thinking of this just yesterday. I am so very bad with names........it would help, but, I don't want to impose on people to do something that might seem awkward to some. LOL

And to stay on topic...a hotel remark....I stayed at the Renaissance in Jerusalem twice and even though the location is not great the hotel itself is quite good and they offered free shuttle to the Old City.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JRS Hotels

We stayed at the Mount Zion Hotel and loved it. It's older, but we thought it had character and charm. It was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. It was close enough for us to walk to the Old City (but we like to walk--it might be too far for some people). It looks like their basic price is around $200-220.

And just a thought for you guys who are meeting in May--what about taking Kathy's idea for nametags a bit further: include a small photo of your Travel Advisor icon next to your name! ;-)

Cheers,

Jan

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JRS Hotels

I think the main thing will be having our TA names in addition to our real names.

So, yes, Kathy, we'll need name tags. :-)

Douglas Duckett

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JRS Hotels

Doug - I like you much better smiling with people. And Kathy, glad to read you're feeling better and are again burbling with ideas...