We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ben yehuda street shops

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
4 posts
Save Topic
ben yehuda street shops

my frends tell me that there is a shop on ben yehuda street that sells exlusively denim skirts. does anyone know about this?? if so where exactly is it, and is it any good??

thanks

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ben yehuda street shops

The store that sells loads of denim skirts ( almost exlusively) is located on the second floor of a building. I don't know the number, but here is the description of where it is.

Near the lower end of Ben Yehuda ( closer to Kikar Zion), if you stand with your back to Kikar Zion on the left ( up a small ways, is a "Happening" store. Right next to the store ( 99% sure on the right side) is a open entrance to the building. Go up one flight and there is the store. I believe it may be marked in Hebrew but I don't remember the name of it. Be prepared for lots of people. I would try to go during the morning when the schools ( both Israeli and those that cater to American Seminary girls) are all in sessionl. That should lesson the crowds. Good luck.

And yes, it is good and the prices are good. Bring patience!

England
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ben yehuda street shops

thank...that's really useful

Ohio
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ben yehuda street shops

My teen daughter got a long denim skirt on Ben Yehuda Street but it was from one of the touristy shops selling T-shirts.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ben yehuda street shops

There are any number of stores that sell clothes. Shekem is small, but if you can find something is decent. However, the store I described ( and I assume what the poster was asking about) is huge, it is like a large loft with hundreds of skirts.

canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ben yehuda street shops

the store is called hole in the wall "chor b'kir" and is on a second floor of an office buildindg, you can literaly walk by it, which i did, until you ask someone for it.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ben yehuda street shops

Thanks for sharing this information -- I never knew about this place. Good to know.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ben yehuda street shops

One of the things I really like about this forum - some tourists questions lead to information that is new for those of us who have lived here for years and years.

Thanks for the info about "chor ba'kir".

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ben yehuda street shops

Onagails---thanks for providing the name. I just always remember to go next to Happenings. AND it is anything BUT a hole in the wall. (unless you are talking about their decor--which is simple---there isn't any!!)

UK
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: ben yehuda street shops

i'm looking forward to going there now when i visit israel - it should be fun as what i really need is some good denim skirts

thanks everyone

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ben yehuda street shops

There are many other good places in the area for denim skirts. Here are a few more. As with anything, you often have to trek round several to find what's right for you...

Turn off Ben Yehuda St onto HaHistadrut St (on the right hand side as you ascend BY St. As you walk down the street, you will see an alleyway down some steps. About two shops after this, there are some steps going upwards to a shop. This is a huge warehouse-style place to buy denim skirts.

If you go down the alleyway above, there are a few shops including one on the right. (On the left is Bat Ayin, a cool shop to buy hippy-style skirts etc) Plus when you get to Jaffa St via this alley, turn right, and you will find a small shop crammed with denim skirts which also often has some good things.

If you have tried all of these and are still looking, try Agrippas St - there is a denim skirt shop opposite the hippy clothing store near the junction with King George St.

For some more "interesting" denim and other skirts, try Mimena on HaHistadrut St, just past the upstairs skirt shop. They also have good tops. Buy large, because they shrink a bit...

Hope those are enough suggestions. Israel is totally the best place to buy skirts, denim and otherwise!

Avigail