We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

buenos aires
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Hi,

I'll get to the Tel Aviv airport at 11.00 p.m.(saturday). Do you think I will get a sherut at that hour? What do you recomend us to do? We are a family of 4 adults (kids 21 and 16).

I read that the cost is 45 Nis. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Silvia

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Yes, you will be able to take a sherut, but for four people, you would be better off taking a regular taxi.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Where are you going from the airport? Sheruts don't run to Tel Aviv from the airport (though private cabs do); they do run to Jerusalem. Whenever flights come in, you'll find a sherut. But the previous response is correct that for four people, I would just take a private cab.

Douglas Duckett

buenos aires
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

OK. Thank you very much for the advice. We'll ask for the cab then. Regards. Silvia

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

A cab might be too small for 4 people and their luggage. You also pay a small added fee for the 4th person. Ask when you get there, there ate enough cabs and sheruts. Put one of you inline for the sherut while asking the cab people.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

The taxi service at the airport has also vans for bigger groups. You can take one of them which is slightly more expensive than a regular taxi, or in case the regular taxi is too small - get 2 taxis. That should cost you at night around 35 dollars per taxi.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,570 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Many times I've seen an assortment of larger and smaller vehicles at the airport. The taxi company that does private ( versus Nesher the Sheruit company) seems to run a number of larger vehicles, realizing, I guess that is IS the airport. The vehicles by and large have roof racks and the drivers are all adept at tying luggage on top. Best is to ask at the taxi stand. There is a surcharge for a taxi at night. ( this is true all over the country, night goes from 5PM to I believe 6AM. It is also higher rates all day Saturday.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

A taxi to Jerusalem from BG on Saturday night is not 35 USD per taxi. It's at least 55 USD per taxi. A sherut is about 45 NIS per person - 45 USD altogether. The trip takes longer because you have to let other people out as well, but it is surely cheaper.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Sorry! Anon is of course right. I assumed the question was from BG Airport to Tel Aviv.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Happens to the best of us, Erirya.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sherut from the airport Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

Erirya, I made the same mistake and answered the wrong question as well. I think I threw you off. So, I take the blame. :-)

Good thing Anon set us straight gracefully.

Douglas Duckett