We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hebron tours

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
hebron tours

has anyone done the hebron tours?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,392 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: hebron tours

I have taken the aforementioned tour many times. ( with different friends) It is enjoyable and safe. It will be easy to just stand back during mincha services. There will be other people who are not praying at that time in the Cave of the Patriachs. It is mentioned in the tour since many Jews want to make sure they DO get a chance to say a prayeer while there. ( in fact, you will laugh that you spent time on these questions)

re; a Muslim visiting the Avraham Aveinu quarter as part of this tour. It is doubtful any would join. I would also venture to guess that they would be checked by security. ( assuming there is something in their dress that says they are Muslim) A Muslim in standard western dress would go unnoticed.

BC
7 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: hebron tours

Hi

We went to Hebron with Christian Friends of Israel

They gave us a good tour of the ancient city and David Wilder the Hebron representative was very help full and dedicated . He showed us recent excavations relative to Abraham's day

The bus was armored and because of the weight had the nicest ride of all!

Cant wait to go back.

yrs

Jim

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,392 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: hebron tours

Ric--when I read your post this AM I didn't have time to check my facts BUT the Dome of the Rock is NOT the Mosque of Omer. In fact, the Dome is not a mosque. It is a shrine. Muslims do not go there to pray, but they pray at the Mosque nearby ( and the newer one built in Solomon's Stables. I read someplace that the shrine was built as an alternative to Mecca by someone who wanted to discourage Muslims from going there ( Mecca)

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: hebron tours

RDGLADY: At the time that Israel took over the Temple Mount in 1967, the gold domed building was primarily referred to as the Mosque of Omar. Later is became primarily known as the Dome of the Rock. If you re-check online sources, you will find that the Mosque of Omar is indeed an alternate name for the Dome of the Rock.

Ric

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: hebron tours

By the way, Rdglady, the adjacent silver domed building is the Al Aqsa Mosque, and yes it is the primary place of Muslim worship on the mount.

46. Re: hebron tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 16, 2009