We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Jerusalem Hotel

New Zealand
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Jerusalem Hotel

Hello,

I have read some good reports on this hotel ( the one near the Damascus gate - there are only 15 rooms - several hotels seem to have similar names) but have conflicting reports about the cost per night. Wanting to stay in mid January. Can someone let me know how much they paid per night for a double room,

Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Jerusalem Hotel

www.jrshotel.com raed@jrshotel.com

We are staying in the Jerusalem hotel right now. It is a wonderful place. The price for a double is $130 USD for a double and includes a filling, good, fresh breakfast buffet. It is close to Old City about 300 metres from the Damascus Gate and around the corner from the Jaffa Gate. The city bus connections to everywhere are good from a bus stop close by. We have free wireless internet. I brought my computer but there is a free computer in the lobby. They also sent a fax for me.

My 83 year old mother is traveling with us and has a single room for $95USD.

The hotel is owned by Christians and has a nativity in the lobby at this time of the year.

The have been very pleasant to work with as far as reservations and accommodating my needs. I asked for an extra chair in my room when I arrived and they complied immediately. The building is an old mansion with 3 foot stone walls so it is very quiet although I can hear music from the restaurant at night, it is very muted. BTW the restaurant is very good. I had the mixed grill several times and my husband had a hamburger several times. Both were excellent and inexpensive.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Jerusalem Hotel

Thanks very much. we have booked for early Jan. Your comments were very helpful.

3. Re: The Jerusalem Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 15, 2009