We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's best to spend 3 days in and around Jerusalem?

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jakarta
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How's best to spend 3 days in and around Jerusalem?

Dear all,

I am having a 2 week trip in Dec/Jan with my husband and daughter (16). Due to the limited time, we initially planned to cover only Egypt and Jordan (Wadi Rum, Petra and Dead Sea) but then got too excited that we decided to add on Jerusalem too.

We will enter Israel by private car through the Allenby bridge on Jan 4 and have booked Saint Mark's guest house for 3 nights.

I would appreciate your help as to how we can best use our time there especially since it happens to be Friday - Sunday.

What itinerary would you suggest starting from the Allenby bridge on Jan 4 morning until the time we leave Jerusalem on Jan 7 for a 4pm flight from Amman int'l airport?

Another question, would it be possible to arrange for a baptism at the Jordan river (for my daugher)?

Kindest regards,

gaval

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: How's best to spend 3 days in and around Jerusalem?

AZZenny - you make the security people look so smart...

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: How's best to spend 3 days in and around Jerusalem?

Just thorough. We had that impression pretty much confirmed from a couple of sources. However, that was a tour that got us into a number of high-security places, so we were perhaps observed a bit more closely than the majority of tourists.

Fact remains, Israeli airport security are trained to pick up on very subtle hints of evasiveness or dishonesty and if they ask a question, it is foolish not to be straight and direct.

Woodlands Tx
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: How's best to spend 3 days in and around Jerusalem?

We are about to finalize our trip with a flight from amman to tel aviv to visit jerusalem I never thought of ground transport being a naive american afraid of so much. Is it better and how would I arrange it also how was St Marks TX couple

44. Re: How's best to spend 3 days in and around Jerusalem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 08, 2009