We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
2 posts
Save Topic
Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

Has anyone rented one of these apartments? They sound nice but we would like to know if they are legitimate. They don't take credit cards which makes me suspicious.

Did you have to wire money to them as a deposit?

Did you pay the balance in cash or was there an alternative?

I would appreciate any feedback/reviews of experiences with BY4U.

Thanks.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,680 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

Search the forum for information on these apartments.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

We'll be staying there in a few weeks. I'll post a report when we come back. I did have to wire a deposit of 30% of the total amount.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

My husband , adult children and I have reserved an apt. there fro a week in June. The gentleman I dealt with seems wonderful. We only put up a deposit. He wanted us to wire him the money. .

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
38 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

Hi,

My wife and I stayed at BY4U last month for a week and can recommend it. The owner, Gad, is a very nice, trustworthy guy, with a great sense of humor. Gad was genuinely interested in making us feel welcome. We arrived back home in the US to a nice email from him thanking us again.

I wired the deposit to him and paid the balance in cash upon arrival All was handled very professionally. I agree that credit cards would have made things easier, though the price, roominess, and location of this apt makes it a deal that can't be beat by any hotel.

The apt is comfortable - pretty much how it appears on the website and the location is smack in the middle of Ben Yehuda, but on a side street just off the main drag. Furnishings were good (except for the sofa which Gad should consider replacing!). Bed was very comfy and kitchen was well equipped. Tons of restaurants, falafel bars, shops, etc. in the immediate area.

Enjoy!

Paris
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

Hi

my wife and I stayed as well in this apartment. We were very happy of the apartmment and the location.

It has everything you need when you are abroad and on top of that there is a well decorated bathroom whith a jaccuzzi. Very nice when you are in a romantic trip. The terrace is big enough to eat and enjoy it.

The master bedroom has a double glass windows and give on Ben Yehuda street / Mordechai Ben hillel corner. It can be noisy sometimes but nothing unbearable. I live in a city (Paris) it s more noisy than that! The children bedroom gives on a private courtyard which is very calm.

The owner of the place knows Jerusalem and Israel very well. He was always avalaible to give good advices to improve our trips or to explain us the "security" issue.

I highly recommend this place.

Francois

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

I really appreciate these posts as we are spending a week there. What is wrong with the couch. All 4 of us are adults so we were hoping one of our adult children could sleep on it.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

The couch is more like a love seat and just looks a little old. I don't know if you can sleep on it. You should be able to fit 4 people just fine in this apartment. You and your wife can sleep on the queen size bed in one bedroom and your kids can sleep on the twin sized bunk beds in the other bedroom. We stayed at this apartment for 6 nights at the end of December and loved the location. I would definitely recommend staying there.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

Thanks, Iggie1 My kids are adults, but if they are adult size bunk beds, they should be fine!

9. Re: Ben Yehuda BY4U apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 18, 2009