We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Taxi Driver

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Great Taxi Driver

Just a quick note ... I thought I had posted the telephone number of our wonderful taxi driver in Jerusalem, but now I can't find it. He was recommended to us by Suzanne Pomeranz, and he was courteous, charming, non-smoking, and a very good driver (the least scary of all we used).

His name is Mohammed Amurasi: 052-486-3656.

Address: P.O. Box 29089

Armon Aesiv

Jerusalem, Israel

He is the one who is Muslim, whose wife is an Israeli Jew, and who grew up in a school run by a Mennonite who leased the school from the Lutherans!

Cheers,

Jan

.... waiting in the airport for our flight home ... :-(

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Taxi Driver

Thanks, Jan, for the referral. He might be particularly useful for our friends who want to journey to Bethlehem, but not just for that, of course. I will keep him in mind.

I wish you a safe journey home, but understand your sadness. Sometime we have to talk! I'd love to hear more about your trip.

Douglas Duckett

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Taxi Driver

Thanks, Douglas--I was surprised at how wrenching it was to leave. We just needed more time! I am sure we'll have to go back soon.

And thanks for mentioning Mohammed being able to drive people to Bethlehem. Since he is an Israeli Arab, he is able to pick people up at their hotels in Jerusalem and drive all the way into Bethlehem--no need to change taxis. He also was able to take us to Jericho and Bethany, both of which are on the other side of the wall.

He is not a licensed tour guide, but since we had done our research beforehand, we were satisfied with walking around with him.

I'll post later about our Bethlehem and other guides--we were very happy with all of our guides!

More later ... yes, we'll have to talk! ...

Cheers,

Jan

... in the Newark airport ... back in the USA ...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Taxi Driver

Baruchim ha-ba'im ha-bayta! Welcome home.

I'm off on Monday -- maybe we could talk by phone that day. If interested, e-mail me at Labatt@fuse.net with your contact info.

I'm so happy you let us take this journey with you, and we can't wait to read more!

Douglas Duckett

4. Re: Great Taxi Driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 12, 2009