We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation Needed

Atlanta
Level Contributor
210 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation Needed

We are a family of 5 (2 Adults) and 3 children (8-13). We need a hotel for 2 nights or two in Jerusalem. It would be great to have a Kosher breakfast there before we venture out but it's not critical. A kitchenette is not critical as long as they serve kosher food.

The other issue is that there are 5 of us and we probably need two rooms (in the states we can get away with 2 double beds and a rollaway but in Israel I don't think the rooms are large enough. Keeping cost (for two rooms) and quality in mind (we are somewhat picky) what can you suggest?

Thanks,

David

PS- we also are looking for the same thing in the North when we're there - Netanya on up. Any recommendations there would be appreciated as well.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

Most hotels in Jerusalem,actually all over Israel, are kosher. In Jerusalem, try the Inbal or the Dan panorama. In Netanya you could try the Four Seasons which apparently has been remodeled recently. Rdglady might be able to add recommendations since she lives there part of the year. The North is pretty large. Where were you thinking of staying apart from Netanya?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
210 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

Anon,

Thanks for your fast reply. I looked at the hotels and they look quite nice however the prices are a little more than I expect - it seemed like it would come out to about $800 a night (w/2 rooms). Are there any suite hotels or hotels that can accommodate 5 in a room? Should I contact Orit about this?

As far as my Northern travels I haven't made any definitive plans re location. I think we're going to try to stay at Kfar Blum for a couple of nights. Other than that we're open.

Thanks,

David

troy mi
Level Contributor
909 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

My rec. would be the Lev Yerushalyim - all suites, some with 2 bedrooms and a living room - have kitchens with separated dishes, etc. plus it's in an excellent location, across from Ben Yehuda.

Good value 2 star place. Since most units are owned, they're available for rental through agents at a much lower price than from the hotel - see http://levyerushalayim.com/ and call Stuart - we were very satisfied

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

HI! I really don't have time to respond ( going away for the Sabbath)--but I promise I will Sat. night or Sunday AM.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

We rented a 2 bedroom apartment at New Bakah Apartments for next May for $199.00 per night. That includes breakfast next door (kosher) at Little House in Bakah. We stayed there last year and it is basic, but, more than adequate and we loved the neighborhood.

Kathy Walters

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

I would contact Orit. If you are picky, Lev Yerushalaim won't be for you and Bak'a would be too far out in my opinion (I tried to convince Kathy but apparently didn't succeed). Have a look also at the Prima Royale.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

I'd second the recommendation of both Orit and the Prima Royale. She books a lot of people there. I'd recommend the Three Arches Hotel at the Jerusalem International YMCA, but that's not kosher, so I think Prima Royale might be your best, moderate-price pick. The Eldan Hotel right next door to the YMCA might be a good choice too.

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

Anon.....we are staying in Bakah once again because of the prices. It is considerably cheaper for us to do what we are doing rather than the Prima Royale for this trip. I loved the neighborhood the last time and my 3 ladies this time (all different ladies than the last trip) will enjoy it too, I'm sure. One of these days I would like to stay at the Prima Royale, but, it won't be for May 2008 (only because of pricing!). *smile*

Kathy Walters

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

HI! Let's work this out. I don't see anyplace in israel costing $800 a night. ( even for two rooms--well maybe the King David) In Jerusalem the Dan Panorama is advertising from Oct. 7-Nov. 17 $163 a ROOM with a seven night stay and from Nov. 18-Dec. 15 and Jan. 3-Feb. 29 $143 A room. ( did you misread and figure these were per-person rates) If you stay less than 7 nights it is more. Call the Dan Hotels at 1-800-223-7773. They have connecting room.

Some suggested the Prima hotels. They are also good. ( and the KIngs too has some connecting rooms. They are usually less than the Dan Panorama--as is the Eldan

In Netanya the Seasons is known for its' large rooms. I know the hotel got mixed reviews on this site, but I was somewhat surprised. I have an apartment accross the street from the hotel and I see a wide varitey of guests coming and going. The swimming pool ( summer only) is open and full on the Sabbath, so someone who said you have to be Orthodox to be respected was incorrect. They did ( note past tense) have a very slow elevator, but last spring remodeled and now have a very fast and efficient elevator. I know many people who find it less expensive ( even in high summer season) to go to the Season, than to go elsewhere and get two rooms.

When are you planning on going? With this information it will help people give ideas.

10. Re: Hotel Recommendation Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:29 am, September 04, 2009