We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Gurion airport ATM

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
clacton essex
Level Contributor
171 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Ben Gurion airport ATM

Is there a ATM at the airport and if so where can I find it?

Cheers Stennydave

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ben Gurion airport ATM

You could have gone into the bank near the ATM and shown a proof of identification. They would have probably given it back to you.

Texas
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ben Gurion airport ATM

I used my card BG Airport at the ATM machine in front of the bank on the "mezzinine level". (The mezzinine is accessed by walking up the steps to your right immediately after you leave baggage claim to the "balcony".) BTW ask for a tourist map at the Information Desk before leaving baggage claim.

I feel that if the ATM is in the wall in front of a bank is safer. (ie: fair rate, not a "scam machine" and you can go in and talk to the banker if it swallows your card and the banker may open up the machine and retrieve your card).

I was charged a $5 fee for each transaction plus a 1% fee. Therefore to withdraw equivalent of $600 I paid $5 plus $6. If a person were to withdraw the equivalent of $20 they would pay $5.02 fee ($5 + .20).

Several times I asked for more than the limit and the ATM gave my card back, but it never said what the limit was. I then went to another machine and it's limit was higher than the previous ATM because it would fulfill my request.

There seemed to be 3 major banks in Israel: Uniport, Halporian and something else. (I called them the green bank, the blue bank, and the red bank.)

To find where you can use your card, go to the website of the issuer of the card. Or google the service mark names that are on the back of the card.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ben Gurion airport ATM

The green bank= Discount Bank of Israel

The blue bank= Leumi Bank (biggest)

The red bank= Hapoalim Bank (used to be biggest)

There's also First International, Barclays, Yahave, but the first three are indeed the ones you'll find at every street's corner, as a famous skit in Israel goes.

14. Re: Ben Gurion airport ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 17, 2009