We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared Taxi from Taba/Eilat to Jerusalem from 11pm onwards

egypt
8 posts
Save Topic
Shared Taxi from Taba/Eilat to Jerusalem from 11pm onwards

Hi, we are travelling to Jerusalem from the Taba border crossing and the times of the bus does not really work for me, so does anyone know if there are shared taxis/(Sherut?) that run from Taba/Eilat to Jerusalem and how much it might cost? There are 6 of us. Thanks much!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,099 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shared Taxi from Taba/Eilat to Jerusalem from 11pm onwards

Renting a car is the best way. Try to book a car in advance so that they have a big car for you. 6 sitters are not so common. See www.eldan.co.il for prices and car types. As others pointed even if you park the car all the time in jerusalem you will still pay less. As you are 6 people you can share the driving and try to be careful.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,744 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shared Taxi from Taba/Eilat to Jerusalem from 11pm onwards

A-sherut, I understand that you are reluctant to drive the route at night, but there is simply no other alternative that I know of. Buses will stop running for Shabbat (at sundown), and I cannot imagine that any cab driver would make this very long trip, for the reasons that Charlesct states. That said, I will give you the name and number of two good Jerusalem cabbies, and you can ask:

• Yehuda Levi -- you can reach him at (052) 240-7080. He is prompt, has a clean cab, is quite fun to talk to, and he will use the meter without a fight. He is a good man; tell him “shalom” from me.

• If he is not available, another good choice is Golani at (050) 544-9298 or (052) 565-2807, or by e-mail at golani18@hotmail.com.

Don't be offended if they react like this is a bit of a crazy idea, because I just don't think it's done.

Good luck,

Douglas Duckett

13. Re: Shared Taxi from Taba/Eilat to Jerusalem from 11pm onwards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 06, 2009