We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

Any one have first hand experience?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

Grand Beach Tel Aviv was renovated recently. It is near the Port, in a nice location close to transport, restaurants, minumarkets and other services. Sorry but this is all I know about.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

I have stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel in Tel Aviv, but most recently in 1999. I don't know how it may have changed since the renovation. It's OK, not bad, but not much character. It is glatt kosher, so if that is an important concern, you may want to go with it. If not, I think you can do better. In the same price range, you might check out the Metropolitan Hotel further south, or the Cinema Hotel on Dizengoff Square. The latter is not on the beach, but only a few blocks away, and it's a renovated Bauhaus cinema building with lots of character.

You may also wish to check out www.telavivguide.net for more hotel options.

But again, the Grand Beach is fine, so this isn't a wave off. I stayed there twice in the late 1990s, so I obviously didn't dislike it.

Douglas Duckett

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

The Grand Court is outside the centre of the city and near a busy street which leads to the Old City, which is also a good 10/15 min. on foot away. You would probably have to take taxis everywhere. I would suggest a more central hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

many thanks for the input!

5. Re: Grand Court Jerusalem and Grand Beach Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 01, 2009