We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm El Sheikh to Israel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm El Sheikh to Israel

Does anyone have suggestions on the best (time/$) way to get from Sharm El Sheikh to Israel ?

thanks,

Mike

4 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,204 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm El Sheikh to Israel

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

There were (still are? I have no idea) buses from Sharm el-Sheikh to Taba. You should ask about that on the Egypt forum.

Buses from Taba to Eilat (route 16) run every hour.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm El Sheikh to Israel

Thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
566 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm El Sheikh to Israel

Considering the serious security issues in traversing the Sinai Peninsula by land outside Sharm El Sheikh (see the U.S. State Department Travel Warnings for Egypt), I would consider flying in and out of Sharm El Sheikh.

If you have an interest in seeing Jordan sites like Petra and Wadi Rum, I would suggest flying to AMM airport by Amman as Egypt to Amman can be cheaper than flights to TLV airport near Tell Aviv. Petra is just 2.5 hours drive south of AMM airport. Wadi Rum Village is less than 2 hours south of Petra, and the southern Aqaba to Eilat border crossing is just 1 hour south of Wadi Rum.

Then you can continue by land into Israel. The southern border crossing from Aqaba, Jordan to Eilat, Israel is much less crowded and congested than the Allenby crossing between Jerusalem and Amman.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm El Sheikh to Israel

Thanks very much.

It’s my 22 yo son who is traveling and he is going to take your advice.

Reply to: Sharm El Sheikh to Israel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted