We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

Hello,

we are a group of six people going to Jerusalem, and looking for a way to go to our hotel (Maronite House) from Ben Gurion airport.

I see there is the sherut way with Nesher, but we would rather prefer a private bus to take us to Jaffa Gate (I think that would be the closer place to our hotel) and back.

I found a few: Partner.viator.com, TLV Transfers, Suntransfers, Shuttledirect. Some of them do not explicitly include a destination address specification, so I'm not sure about which is best for us.

Can you please give some advice about that? We will travel from November 15th (Wednesday) to 18th (Saturday), and I am also worried about booking for a travel on Saturday, because I am afraid they will have less rides.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

8 replies to this topic
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,925 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

Why not just get a taxi van to take you and it will go straight to your hotel (unless it’s somewhere in the Old City that is not accessible to vehicles).

Vans can be hired at the official taxi stand.

Dr. Z

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

I agree with Post #1.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

How much would it cost?

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,735 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

I agree with taking a taxi who may be able to take you INTO Jaffa Gate making the walk shorter for you. If you are not interested in a taxi then taking a sherut for budgetary reasons is the only other reasonable option. You can hire the entire vehicle for yourselves by paying for all 10 passengers if you would like. A taxi would cost around NIS250, plus a small fee for each piece of luggage.

Another less desirable way is to take the bus to the central bus station and then the lite rail to City Hall or Damascus Gate and walking from there. To get back to the airport your only options are a taxi or a sherut if between Friday afternoon until 5:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. Note that you must leave Jerusalem 4 hours prior to your flights departure.

Chana

Israel

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

Ok, then the taxi seems by far our best option. If the taxi would cost about 250-300 NIS, surely there is no better option, as a sherut would cost 64 NIS pp, hence 384 NIS total.

Thanks to everyone for your much appreciated help.

Stefano

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,558 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

Just remember you may have to wait for a larger taxi. Standard taxis can not fit six people. However, when you get the van taxi ( as mentioned in # 1) it will be the same as a standard size taxi in cost.

London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

I rented from Eldan and they're super. It might be an option worth considering.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus

Strawberies, the OP is looking for a vehicle or vehicles driven by someone else, not a rental car to drive themselves.

Reply to: From Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem with a private bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted