We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Haifa University

Belo Horizonte...
1 post
Save Topic
To Haifa University

I guys,

I am going to Haifa University from Tel-Aviv. Do you know which train station in Haifa is the closest ? I guess I will need to take a bus to the University.

Thank you!

Best

Camila

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Haifa University

Go to Hof haCarmel station (the first Haifa station), cross the underpass to the bus station, then take the 46 or 146 bus, which leaves every half an hour and takes about 25 mins to the university.

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Haifa University

Camila you could take a cab too if your are not travelling on your own.

The bus no.46 starts at 7 till 11 a.m.

7:00

7:20

7:45

7:55

8:10

9:00

10:00

11:00

or from the university back to the train station as of 1.50 p.m.

13:50

14:30

15:50

16:30

17:50

18:30

20:30

Edited: 9:03 am, May 17, 2013
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Haifa University

Bus 146 to the university from the station runs at XX:30 all day. It is very convenient to get to this bus from the trains from Tel Aviv that arrive at Hof haCarmel at xx:12 (check timetables at www.rail.co.il). As Bettina notes, the 46 only runs till 11am - but it's convenient if you get on the trains which get to Haifa just before 10:00 and 11:00.

Yes, a taxi is possible but will cost you around 50 shekels to the University, and there is no need to take one if time is not especially pressing, as the bus takes exactly the same direct route.

By the way, the bakery in Hof HaCarmel station is excellent and a highly recommended snack stop between train and bus :)

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
4. Re: To Haifa University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014