We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jerusalem christmas eve

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north yorkshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
jerusalem christmas eve

I will be on a cruise which is in Haifa on 24 Dec. Originally, it was also planned to visit Ashdod but this has been cancelled.

How practical will it be to visit Jerusalem from Haifa on Christmas Eve?

How much time would be spent travelling?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

There is an ATM machine in the arrivals hall. It is best to withdraw at least 200 shekels per person to cover transportation, food and personal expenses. You must purchase your ticket for the lite rail before getting aboard, by using the machine at the stop which can give instructions in English.

You will need to find a taxi in Haifa to get back to port our take a bus. From my personal experience add at least 30 minutes on your travel time for this portion of the trip by leaving the Old City for the train no later than 4:30.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

Yes, when you come out of the central bus station in Jerusalem take the light rail in the direction of Heyl Ha'avir. The closest stop to the Jaffa Gate is City Hall. Continue walking in the same direction, and when the tram tracks turn left you continue straight (with the Old City wall on your left) and you'll reach Jaffa Gate.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

Thank you to everyone who helped me with a very memorable day on Christmas Eve. We travelled by train from Haifa to Tel Aviv, bus to Jerusalem, then light rail to Damascus Gate. Bus to Bethlehem and return to Jaffa Gate, visiting the Old City. Then bus back to Haifa.

A very busy day - left the ship at 8.15am and back at 8pm !

A wonderful day.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

Glad you able to accomplish so much in one day. Hopefully you will be able to return for a future visit that will be longer than 12 hours.

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

"I love it when a plan comes together" :-)

Utah
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

I am impressed, both with the posters pluck and the quality of the advice given. Good job one and all.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

Thanks Otterboy - we are off to Utah in June so will have to look for a challenge there! However, we will have much more time as it will be a leisurely driving tour taking in the National Parks

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

Wow, considering you didn't want to use public transit, I think you were convinced. Great that you had such a memorable day. Hope you get a chance to get back to Israel to enjoy the country. You are practically experts on getting around already!

29. Re: jerusalem christmas eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 12, 2014