We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice

San Francisco
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice

We are going to Israel for the first time, for approx. 32 days in June and July. We will spend two days in Tel Aviv, recovering and going to the beach and some museums. Then, we will drive to Eilat b/c there is a kibbutz nearby we'd like to visit and people told us to go to Eilat first b/c it is so hot and will get hotter with the advance of summer. Then, we will drive all the way North to meet friends (the only date that's planned) in the Golan. There, we plan to spend three days hiking and swimming around the Golan and Uppler Galilee, and then we have 5 days before we go to Jerusalem. I a am thinking that for those 5 days we will spend time in between Safed and Haifa, and also the northern coast. Then, we have rented an apt. in Jerusalem for two and a half weeks, and will do day trips.

Can you please tell me if the allotment of times seems right, and whether there are particular places you recommend to stay in between Safed and Akko?

Thank you!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,891 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice

It sounds like a very good itinerary to me. I would recommend Haifa as a base rather than Akko, though you should certainly see Akko, which is nearby. A nice beach city is Netanya.

Have a great time!

Douglas Duckett