We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

I would like to take a bus tour to the Dead Sea and Masada on Saturday, September 8th. All of the bus tours I see start in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. Unfortunately, we are staying in Haifa on Friday night and cannot change the reservation.

Do you know of any bus tours that leave from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

If we cannot start a bus tour in Haifa, what is the best way to get from Haifa to Tel Aviv by 7 AM on a Saturday when the tours depart and what would it cost?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

Don't even attempt it. It is almost a 4 hour ride in each direction. If such a your is really important to you, you can either take a taxi or change your hotel reservation.

Chana

Israel

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

Thanks for the quick reply. That was what I was afraid of.

I am working around a weekend layover on a work trip. Unfortunately, the hotel reservation has been booked through my work and is not changeable.

Assuming I am a glutton for punishment, how long should I allow for the taxi ride (Haifa to Tel Aviv) early on a Saturday morning and how much would it cost?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

Tel-aviv is only about an hour away from Haifa. You can take a sherut (shared taxi) from downtown (Ha'nevi'im / He'Chalutz Streets). Another good option is to visit Akko and see the old Crusader city. It is about 30 min away and you can go by taxi or sherut.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,453 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

I'm with mbgg--take a sherut--or spend more and take a taxi to Tel Aviv. While it is a long day YOU are not driving the bus and I disagree with saying don't attempt it!

BTW by the time the tour gets back, Shabbat will either be over or almost over and you will be able to take a regular bus or train from Tel Aviv or Haifa. ( ask the tour bus to drop you buy Alozoroff street--it is on the way to the hotels and no big deal for them to do it!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

I am not sure if the sherut option is available at that hour of Shabbat. I would opt to take a taxi directly to a pick up spot in Tel Aviv. This way you know exactly how much time you need and thus when you must leave. Keep in mind that the tour to the Dead Sea from Tel Aviv is close to 11 hours and then you will need to get back to Haifa (by bus/sherut/taxi). It is doable, rushed and not easy.

Chana

Israel

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

Thanks everyone for the advice.

7. Re: Bus Tour from Haifa to the Dead Sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Haifa