We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop in Haifa

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Basingstoke,uk
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise stop in Haifa

Suggestions please for places to see during our stop in Haifa on a Saturday in late March.

We are in Haifa for a full day and evening but my wife is disabled and cannot walk large distances.

Suggestions and costs for guided tours or taxis please?

Thank you

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Here's my suggestion for a shore excursion from Haifa to Galilee: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i27335-Shore_ex…

Do NOT use a taxi driver to "guide" you on this tour. You'd be breaking Israeli law. Only tour guides licensed by Israel's Ministry of Tourism are permitted to guide tourists and offer you commentary regarding the places you're seeing. You can do this via an organized group tour, or you could hire a private tour guide, who would also take your wife's disability into account.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,064 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Haifa is a very not an easy place to visit with a disabled person as the city is on a hill and there are steps and steep inclines everywhere. I would suggest, if budget allows a private guide you could view the Bahai Gardens and then go to Akko, most of which is not difficult for a person with mobility problems.

Chana

Israel

Basingstoke,uk
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Any idea what costs are involved for a four hour private tour please?

Thank you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Tour guides licensed by Israel's Ministry of Tourism do not generally offer half-day tours. And if they do, the price difference between a full-day and a half-day tour is negligible to non-existent. If you are considering a private tour for your shore excursion, you should consult with your guide about preparing an itinerary that will maximize your time with him/her and allow you to experience as much as possible during your day visiting our fascinating country.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Driver/guide should cost 800$ or so for 1 day (including car). See this thread too tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293982-i4592-k518…

Edited: 3:23 pm, February 24, 2012
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

See this one too tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k501…

Basingstoke,uk
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Thanks for the info all. Really looking forward to visiting Israel

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Actually, the price Shoshi quotes may be on the high side -- you may find a licensed guide who drives for about $600 USD for the day.

Douglas Duckett

isles of scilly
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

what is that in GB£ and is that for tour or per person?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,810 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise stop in Haifa

Another voice--I think Douglas is giving out of date prices and would add a minimum of $50 to his price. While I do not know what that is in pounds if you google conversions you can find a site that will covert for you. --if I was at home I could provde a link but....