We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

Dear Friends,

I'm wondering if this is a do-able day or is it too much? If so, what and how would you change?

Leave hotel in Akko early in morning. Breakfast in Haifa in the German Colony. In the morning, take cable car up Mount Carmel and see Stella Maris Lighthouse, Carmelite Church and Monastery, and Elijah's Cave. Then, walk through the Baha' shrine and gardens.

Lunch in Ein Hod

Drive to Caesarea to tour archeological site. (no diving for us!) At the end of the day, drive back to our hotel in Akko.

I'm not sure how much time is needed in Caesarea. Is it too much to lunch in Ein Hod?

Any advice appreciated! thanks, Tip

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

It is doable. Three hours in Caesarea is sufficient, and you could see a lot in two hours.

Douglas Duckett

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

The only English tour of the Bahai Gardens is at 12 noon:

http://www.ganbahai.org.il/en/

It finishes at 1 PM. Caesarea is open until 4 PM through March and then to 6PM from April throughout the summer:

http://www.parks.org.il/BuildaGate5/general2/data_card.php?Cat=~25~~858800043

You don't mention when you will be in Israel; if it is March then you won't have time to stop in Ein Hod, otherwise it should not be a problem.

Note that there are some nice restaurants at the Caesarea site.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

Does your hotel offer breakfast? Why not just eat there before heading off to Haifa. I would verify that the restaurant you are interested in is open when you want to go there.

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

Thanks, All! Very helpful! I'll be there in April, so we will go to Ein Hod, I think.

Tip

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

I suggest skipping Ein Hod and have your lunch in Caesarea in one of the restaurants facing the old port. There is not much to do or see in Ein Hod.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

That's a good suggestion. Your time is limited, and there are several places to eat in Caesarea.

Douglas Duckett

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

Thanks, guys! I think we'll go directly to Caesarea after the tour of the Baha'i Shrine and Gardens, which ends at 1:00. We'll have the afternoon in Caesarea. Depending on time, we could always take a look at Ein Hod on the drive back to Akko if we so desired. That makes good sense!

Tip

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

You could also go via Zikhron Yaacov which is very pretty and has a lot of nice restaurants. Then drive to Akko via Yokneam and Yagur to avoid Haifa traffic.

goisrael.com/Tourism_Eng/…20Yaakov.aspx

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

That's a great idea, mbgg! It would be the perfect time for "wine time!"

Tip

10. Re: Haifa/Caesarea in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:38 am, May 30, 2013